Seagate Targets Small Business With New Network Storage Server
Seagate introduced the new BlackArmor NAS 400 network storage server. Targeting small businesses and households that want data storage protection, performance, and flexibility, the new BlackArmor server has a four-bay storage enclosure that supports a variety of Seagate-certified disk drives.
The BlackArmor NAS 400 is scalable, letting you add extra drives when and if you need them. In addition to space for four drives, the BlackArmor NAS 400 comes with backup and protection tools that include full-system remote backup functionalities, user-configurable RAID, and JBOD capabilities. The system also offers a full system recovery option in the event of failure. The BlackArmor NAS 400 is available for an MSRP of $399.99.
Seagate Unveils Customizable Small Business Network Storage Server
New BlackArmor® NAS 400 Server Delivers Protection, Performance and Flexibility
SCOTTS VALLEY, Calif. - July 13, 2010 - Seagate (NASDAQ: STX) today introduced the BlackArmor® NAS 400 network storage server, a secure, scalable and reliable 4-bay network storage enclosure designed for the growing storage needs of small businesses and households. This newest addition to the Seagate BlackArmor family of storage solutions allows customers to customize the box to meet their specific requirements and add more storage as needed. Available immediately through Seagate.com and CDW, the BlackArmor NAS 400 server can be purchased for a manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) of $399.99.
The BlackArmor NAS 400 server gives customers the option to install the disk drives of their choice, selecting from an variety of Seagate-certified products including Seagate Barracuda® low power drives, Barracuda 3.5-inch 7200 RPM drives or the new Barracuda® XT hybrid drive for maximum performance. A scalable solution, the BlackArmor NAS 400 server allows customers to start by inserting one drive and add up to three more as their business grows.
Similar to Seagate's other two-and-four bay NAS solutions, the BlackArmor NAS 400 network storage server includes:
- Backup and protection tools for up to 50 network-connected PCs with incremental and full-system, automatic backup.
- User-configurable RAID 0/1/5/10 & JBOD capabilities, providing a variety of data protection options to help avoid data loss due to hard drive failure.
- Hot-swappable drives — no tools required.
- Microsoft® Active Directory 2003/2008 support.
- Secure remote access with intuitive, web-based management interface, allowing customers to designate user access manually or integrate with Microsoft® Active Directory 2003/2008.
- Windows 7 certification.
- Ability to centralize, stream and share media files and documents from computers on a network, share them with other DLNA® compliant devices and computers on the network running iTunes® software.
- Full system recovery of the operating system, programs and settings, in the event of a system crash or failure with SafetyDrill+™ software.
- Event notification to help prevent and manage drive errors or disruption.
- Four additional USB ports to connect extra USB storage, share a USB printer or connect an uninterrupted power supply (UPS) to safeguard from power failure.
- A 3-year limited warranty.
The BlackArmor NAS 400 server completes Seagate’s full-line of small and home office business solutions, providing customers with an variety of either plug-and-play or customizable four-bay NAS products from which to choose. With products ranging from 1TB to 8TB, businesses and advanced consumers can buy what they need now and have the confidence that their storage capacity can scale as their business or storage needs grow.