QuakeCon09 Kicks Off: Highlights And Videos From The Show Floor
Best of all, the show is completely free to attend, and while the list of events is far too long for us to cover in this space, here's a quick rundown of the highlights along with a few clips/interviews from the show floor. If you can't make the trip down to the greater Dallas area, feel free to live vicariously through these videos (and make sure to book your ticket early for QuakeCon10!)
- Wolfenstein: launch trailer premiere of next installment in id Software’s legendary franchise which hits retail shelves nationwide on Tuesday, August 18
- Wolfenstein: first-time playable hands on experience offered in Intel, Alienware and AMD/ATI booths in the massive 25,000 square foot exhibit hall
- Bethesda Softworks: hands on play of WET, highly-stylized third person shooter that seamlessly blends gun play, sword kills and over-the-top acrobatics to create the ultimate interactive action experience, and QUAKE Arena Arcade and DOOM 2[/i][/b] Xbox Live Arcade in the company’s booth
- Bethesda Softworks: announcement of first public gameplay demo of BRINK, an immersive shooter that blends single-player, co-op, and multiplayer gameplay into one seamless experience, allowing you to develop your character across all modes of play, on Friday, August 14 at QuakeCon 2009 presented by Paul Wedgwood, CEO and game director, Splash Damage
- Bethesda Softworks: industry giant Todd Howard, game director and executive producer, Bethesda Game Studios gives insight into the company’s game-making process along with open mic Q&A on Friday, August 14 at QuakeCon 2009
- id Mobile: announced the launch of Wolfenstein RPG on the iPhone for $4.99 in partnership with EA Mobile
- id Mobile: provided update on the next game in their classic series - DOOM Classic
- id Mobile: announced soon-to-be-released DOOM Resurrection 1.1 update for the iPhone featuring the all new challenge game mode and one new level designed to test the limit of gamers’ skills.
- id Mobile: during the days of QuakeCon 2009, Wolfenstein 3D will be on sale for $0.99 (from $2.99) and also DOOM Resurrection will be on sale for $2.99 (from $9.99) at the Apple iPhone store (Note: sale ends Sunday, August 16)
- id Software: the return of the QUAKE Live leaderboards and new Mac, Linux support
- id Software: debut of the RAGE trailer; Tim Willits, creative director, id Software and Matt Hooper, lead designer, id Software will present the first public demo of the next step in the evolution of first person shooters from the creators of the genre on Saturday, August 15th.