QNAP Enhances Turbo NAS Servers With New Software
QNAP is increasing the performance and capabilities of its Turbo NAS Servers with the announcement of new NAS Management software. With the new software, users will get support for real-time remote replication capabilities, advanced folder permissions, virtual LAN support, and much more. The software will also enable RAID 10, giving users the advantages of RAID 0 and RAID 1 in a single system. RAID 10 allows for a maximum of two failed disks from two different pairs. The new software also provides for cloud storage backup with support for Amazon S3 and ElephantDrive services.
QNAP Enhances Performance and Capabilities of its Turbo NAS Servers
with New V3.4 NAS Management Software
New Backup & Data Protection, System Management, Networking, and Applications Let Users Do More With Their QNAP Turbo NAS – Free Upgrade!
Taipei, Taiwan, February, 2011 - QNAP Systems, Inc., a leading manufacturer of world class award-winning Turbo NAS servers, VioStor NVR Video Surveillance Systems, and Network-based Media Players today announced the availability of the new V3.4 NAS management software. The V3.4 NAS management software is embedded into the NAS as V3.4 firmware, which enhances several key aspects of the QNAP Turbo NAS units allowing owners to maximize their investments in a QNAP NAS. New enhancements in V3.4 include:
- NEW! RAID 10 - RAID 10 combines the advantages of RAID 0 and RAID 1, which allows one disk failure from each RAID 1 pair;
- NEW! Real-time Remote Replication – Allows real-time remote replication of one NAS to another over the Internet for maximum data redundancy. This feature is applicable to Intel-based NAS;
- NEW! Advanced Folder Permissions - Enables you to configure access control to folders and subfolders for efficient management and better security;
- NEW! ElephantDrive Cloud Storage - Lets users save backups in a cloud based storage in addition to their Turbo NAS for an off-site storage with continuous data protection;
- NEW! Virtual LAN Support - You can integrate the NAS into an existing VLAN on a virtualization infrastructure and configure the NAS as the storage system for other VLAN devices. This feature is applicable to Intel-based NAS;
- NEW! Download Station V2 - Now easier to use with a new AJAX interface, broadcatching support (RSS download), and enhanced overall performance;
- NEW! Advanced Print Server - Now supports Internet printing with permission control as well as Bonjour printing for Mac;
- New! MyCloudNAS Remote Access - MyCloudNAS is a free built-in DNS service provided for users to register a unique domain name for their NAS. It further reduces the hassle of complicated Internet registration and allows users to quickly access their NAS through the Internet;
- New! USB Wi-Fi Network Adapter Support - Allows you to deploy the NAS wirelessly;
- NEW! System Management Features - Import/export of users, host-based permissions control, enhanced Virtual Disk support, and direct file viewing via Google Doc;
"QNAP has once again demonstrated its commitment to all Turbo NAS users that investing in a QNAP NAS is continually rewarding" said James Wu, product manager of QNAP Systems, Inc. "QNAP protects its users by developing and deploying new features to enhance performance and usability of QNAP Turbo NAS units."
The new V3.4 firmware is available for immediate download and installation from www.qnap.com. For more information, please visit http://www.qnap.com/fw_v34/