Pantech Laser Is AT&T's Thinnest Feature Phone
It features a 3.1" AMOLED display (touch-based), a full sliding QWERTY keyboard, 3MP camera, and plenty of apps to keep you in touch via social networking and messaging. It will go on sale exclusively at AT&T on October 17th with a price of $99.99 after $50 mail-in rebate (pay $149.99 and after mail-in rebate receive $50 AT&T Promotion Card. You will have to pay a $20 a month messaging or combination of messaging/data plan, though, but that's becoming more the norm with each passing day.
AT&T Introduces Thinnest Full Sliding Keyboard Phone from Pantech
Pantech Laser hits AT&T Stores Nationwide October 17.
Dallas, Texas, October 06, 2010
* Key Facts
AT&T* announced today the latest addition to its portfolio of quick messaging phones – the Pantech Laser – will be available exclusively through AT&T beginning October 17.
* Pantech Laser is the thinnest, full sliding keyboard device (9.95mm) AT&T has ever offered.
* Pantech Laser will be available in AT&T company owned stores nationwide and online for $99.99 after $50 mail-in rebate (pay $149.99 and after mail-in rebate receive $50 AT&T Promotion Card. Two-year agreement and $20 a month messaging or combination of messaging/data plan required).
The Pantech Laser, an ultra-slim and stylish quick messaging phone that features a vibrant 3.1” AMOLED touch screen and a full sliding QWERTY keyboard, allows for access to email, social networking and messaging. From the touchcreen, users can activate Drawing Commander, a feature that allows for calls to be made, messages to be opened or favorite apps to be accessed by simply tracing a shape with a finger. Laser further prioritizes the personal experience by allowing voice memos to be recorded on the Voice Memo app and shared via text, or the 3MP camera to be used for updating social media statuses with pictures and videos. Pantech’s latest quick messaging phone proves that functionality doesn’t have to be sacrificed for a thin phone.
In addition, the Pantech Laser boasts:
* AT&T Address Book –syncs contacts to an online address book so customers can access and manage their mobile contacts from their handset — or their PC. Synchronization occurs automatically when any change is made, so contact information is always backed up.
* AT&T Navigator –offers turn-by-turn voice and onscreen driving directions, automatic rerouting, real-time traffic monitoring and more. AT&T Navigator is available for $9.99 per month, and new subscribers receive their first 30 days of their subscription for free.
* AT&T Social Net – provides easy access to all your social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter and MySpace in one easy-to-use interface.
* AT&T Mobile Share – helps customers quickly transfer photos and videos captured on their mobile phone to other destinations and allows customers to manage that content across the mobile and PC screens.