OWC Lets You Add a Monitor via USB
OWC INTRODUCES USB 2.0 DISPLAY ADAPTER -- EASILY ADD ADDITIONAL DISPLAYS TO MACS & PCs
Increases Productivity up to 50%
For Spreadsheets, Multi-Tasking, Photoshop, Presentations, Research, TV/Video Viewing, & Emails
Bus Powered -- Connects to any USB 2.0 Desktop or Laptop Computer
Other World Computing, a leading Mac and PC technology company, announced today the new OWC USB 2.0 Display Adapter, the easiest way to add an additional display to Macs and PCs via any standard USB 2.0 port. Functioning like a bus powered “external video card,” the OWC USB 2.0 Display Adapter adds an additional monitor to desktop and laptop computers that offer only one built-in display/video-out port. In addition, the adapter also eliminates the cost and hassle of installing a video card into a computer.
Single monitors often do not provide enough viewing area to display desired content; and since the OWC Display Adapter is lightweight and bus powered with no AC adapter needed, it’s easy to bring on the road. The OWC USB 2.0 Display Adapter makes adding an additional monitor to any computer an easy three-step process:
- Plug the OWC USB 2.0 Display Adapter into any of the computer’s available USB 2.0 ports.
- Plug the second monitor into the Display Adapter.
- Load the included driver software.
Clone Your Screen, Extend It, or View a Different Display – Supports up to 6 Simultaneous Displays
The OWC USB 2.0 Display Adapter connects to HDMI, DVI, and VGA equipped displays (including the latest HD flat panel LCDs, standard CRT monitors, and projectors) in full 32-bit color at resolutions of up to 1600 x 1200. Up to 6 adapters can be configured to either clone a user’s primary screen or extend the desktop, allowing visibility of more applications at the same time on up to 6 individual displays.
Multiple Monitors Increase Productivity 10%-50%
Previously used primarily by financial traders, graphic
designers, and video gamers, multiple displays are now a common requirement for
modern, everyday computer users that require viewing a volume of personal
content and websites simultaneously. Studies have shown productivity gains of
10% to 50% with multiple monitor use, because users are able to perform more
work in less time and with fewer errors.
OWC USB 2.0 Display Adapter Multiple Display Uses:
- Spreadsheets: view large spreadsheets across 2 screens with display continuity.
- Multitasking: multitask more effectively without overlapping windows.
- E-mails: open attachments on one screen while reading the e-mail on the other.
- Reference: type documents on one screen while viewing reference material on the other.
- Photoshop: design on one screen and use 2nd display for Photoshop pallets/tools.
- Presentations: use a laptop to run multiple screens during a large audience presentation.
- Charts/Data: view investment charts and live market data at the same time.
- TV/movies: view Internet TV or DVD movies on one screen and your desktop on the other screen.
The OWC USB 2.0 Display Adapter is ready to use straight from the box, so there’s no need to purchase anything extra. It comes complete with:
- USB to DVI adapter
- DVI to VGA adapter
- DVI to HDMI swivel adapter
- Four foot USB 2.0 cable
- CD-ROM with user guide and software
- One year warranty
Available immediately, the OWC USB 2.0 Display Adapter is priced at $99 MSRP from Other World Computing at www.macsales.com. Up to 4 adapters can be used with Intel based Macintosh computers running OS X 10.4 and later as well as up to 6 adapters on PCs running MS Windows XP SP2, Windows 2000 SP4, or Windows Vista with Aero support. For more information on the OWC USB 2.0 Display Adapter, visit: http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Other%20World%20Computing/VIDU2DVIA/