Kodak's PLAYTOUCH Pocket Camcorder Shoots 1080p For $230
The camera itself is quite small and sleek, and it offers a 3" touch screen on the rear, on-camera editing features, a 5MP camera for taking still shots, a built-in USB arm, Smart Face tracking, external stereo speakers, an HDMI output and an SD/SDHC card slot for holding up to 32GB of HD footage. There's also a Li-ion battery with in-camera charging, and Kodak's even shipping these in a variety of colors: Smoke Gaze (Black), Chrome, Wine Country (Magenta), Cabana (Orange) and Spa Blue (Teal).
Naturally, Kodak makes it easy for this camcorder to share footage to YouTube and/or Facebook, and the $229.95 price tag doesn't make it too unattainable. It's expected to ship this Fall.
KODAK PLAYTOUCH Video Camera Lets You See and Be Seen with Intuitive 3-Inch Touchscreen and Optimized HD Playback
Kodak expands award-winning digital video camera portfolio
ROCHESTER, N.Y., Aug. 23 /PRNewswire/ -- Eastman Kodak Company today introduced the new KODAK PLAYTOUCH Video Camera, a sleek and stylish addition to its award-winning digital video camera portfolio. The pocket-size KODAK PLAYTOUCH Video Camera features a 3-inch capacitive touchscreen so consumers can easily glide through their HD videos with the swipe of a fingertip. With new on-camera editing and Kodak's exclusive Share Button, the PLAYTOUCH Video Camera makes it easy for consumers to share their favorite moments with friends and family in full 1080p HD.
Complementing its unique design, the KODAK PLAYTOUCH Video Camera boasts an array of features to help consumers capture their memories with clarity and precision, including built-in image stabilization, LCD glare shield, and an external microphone jack. To make sharing videos simpler, the PLAYTOUCH Video Camera has a built-in USB arm and Kodak's Share Button lets consumers tag videos and pictures directly on the camera for automatic upload to popular social networking sites once they connect the camera to the computer.
"Kodak has firmly established itself as a leader in the digital pocket video camera space since introducing its line in 2008, and continues to be one of the most highly rated and recommended in this category," said Phil Scott, Vice President of Marketing, Digital Capture and Devices, Kodak. "We're committed to providing our consumers with innovative and intuitive products that satisfy their needs. Whether it's a night out on the town with friends or your child's school play, the KODAK PLAYTOUCH Video Camera makes capturing and sharing your favorite moments simple and fun."
KODAK PLAYTOUCH Video Camera Features:
* Share Button for easy video upload to YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK sites, and email
* 3-inch capacitive touchscreen LCD optimized for reviewing in landscape mode for the ultimate 1080p HD video sharing experience
* On-camera editing features to trim and extract still pictures from video
* 5 MP HD still pictures
* Sharper videos and less blur with built-in digital image stabilization
* Built-in USB arm for easy sharing, charging, and transferring
* Smart face tracking technology
* LCD glare shield feature
* External stereo microphone jack to add high-quality sound to videos or to plug in headphones for discreet playback*
* 4 capture effects, including B&W, sepia, high saturation, and '70s film look
* HDMI output (HDMI cable included)
* Up to 10 hours of HD video** with expandable SD/SDHC card slot (up to 32 GB)
* Li-Ion rechargeable battery with in-camera charging
* PC and MAC iLIFE product compatibility
The KODAK PLAYTOUCH Video Camera will be available in Smoke Gaze (Black), Chrome, Wine Country (Magenta), Cabana (Orange) and Spa Blue (Teal) for US $229.95 MSRP this fall at major retailers and Kodak.com.