HTC Aria Update Flips Android 2.2 Froyo
Updating the Aria smartphone to Android 2.2 requires a "Hard Reset and anything that is NOT part of the Operating System (applications downloaded from Android Market, SMS/MMS, email, etc.) will be permanently deleted," HTC warns. So in other words, be sure to backup your data before flipping the switch to Froyo.
The Froyo update introduces several new features, including:
- App Sharing -- allows you to share an application via Bluetooth, Friend Stream, email, etc.
- Google Search Latitude -- see your friends' locations and share yours with them.
- Navigation -- Google's GPS app.
- Places -- search and find restaurants, coffee, bars, hotels, etc.
- Videos -- links directly to videos that have been taken with the camcorder
- Wi-Fi Hotspot and USB Tethering -- use the Aria as a mobile hotspot for up to 8 devices or connect a PC using the Aria's data connection. Requires a separate data plan.