Facebook Redesign to be Redesigned
- Live updating: Automatic updating of the stream (yes, that Twitter-like stream that's been at the heart of many criticisms). No more refreshing (unless you really want to).
- Photo tags: Photos tagged of your friends will be added to your stream.
- More choices for applications: Tools to control and reduce application content that your friends share into your stream.'
- More frequent highlights updating: This will more closely mirror the content that the earlier News Feed provided as well as update more frequently.
- Moving requests to the top of the right column: Friend requests and event invites will be more prominent.
- Easier way to create a Friends List filter: You will be able to create a new list of friends with which to filter the stream.
Still Facebook, while definitely not going back, seems to have noticed (how could they not!). Facebook concluded their blog post with the following:
Your feedback means a lot, and we sort through everything we receive. The best way to give us direct feedback—to ensure that we can consolidate it—is through the feedback link on the home page tour. In the meantime, thanks for your support.