Dell's Nickelodeon Edition Netbook Makes The Kids Go Wild
In a cute, almost slimy joint announcement today, the two are trying to prove that "fun and education can mix" with the Dell Inspiron Mini Nickelodeon Edition, a Mini 10v-based netbook that's obviously designed for kids aged 6 to 106. The giveaway is the trademark green slime that's oozing on the lid and underneath the keyboard, not to mention the pre-loaded educational content for growing those feeble brains. The specifications are all pretty familiar outside of that, with the machine featuring a 10.1" color LCD, built-in Wi-Fi, 1GB of memory, a 1.3MP webcam and an easily personalized user interface. Heck, there are even a few other design choices inspired by iCarly and SpongeBob SquarePants available through Dell's growing Design Studio.
The new kid-friendly machine will first land on Walmart this October, with pricing and other details to be released as that month draws closer.
- The Dell Inspiron Mini Nickelodeon Edition opens a window to entertainment and education that parents can easily monitor and control as children grow more Internet savvy. It’s a durable and highly portable netbook that joins together excellent technology, content, parental controls and shopping security from the trusted names of Dell and Nickelodeon.
- Designed with kids in mind, the Dell Inspiron Mini Nickelodeon Edition is wrapped in an eye-catching, Nickelodeon-inspired “slime” artwork scheme.
- Additional designs based on Nickelodeon hit properties of iCarly and SpongeBob SquarePants, will also be available at Dell.com’s Design Studio.
- Weighing less than 3 pounds, the Dell Inspiron Mini Nickelodeon Edition can be easily carried by kids from room to room, house to house or on the road. Based on Dell’s popular Inspiron Mini 10v netbook, it features a bright 10.1-inch color LCD display and built-in wireless Internet access.
- Dell's first kids-focused product, the Inspiron Mini Nickelodeon Edition will be available online in the United States at Dell.com and on Walmart store shelves and Walmart.com in October, just in time for the holidays. Pricing and other details will be announced prior to first shipments.