Blackberry Tour From Verizon Wireless Gets Push To Talk
After adding Push to Talk to your service plan, you can download the application from the Application Center or from VZStart on the handset. Once the application is installed, the convenience key on the left side of the Tour will become the Push to Talk button.
"Extending Push to Talk to the BlackBerry Tour from Verizon Wireless offers business customers a single device for instant communication plus the enterprise-grade security and robust business communications capabilities people have come to expect from a BlackBerry smartphone from Verizon Wireless," said Mark Bartolomeo, vice president – global enterprise marketing for Verizon Wireless. "These features, coupled with the nation's most reliable wireless network, mean customers have the ultimate in productivity tools."
Some of the benefits of Push to Talk include:
- Communicate with one person or a team with the push of a button
- Initiate and participate in group calls with up to 50 participants
- Check colleagues' availability for a Push to Talk call with the Presence feature
- A single device and phone number for both Push to Talk and voice calls
- Online contact management tool for the entire organization