Atlona Announces a USB-to-HDMI HDTV Adapter
Atlona Technologies, a solution based manufacturer of Audio Video accessories releases a Universal HDMI adaptor capable of adding an HD Audio Video output to any computer via USB.
San Jose, CA — Oct 31, 2008 — Atlona Technologies, a solutions base connectivity manufacturer, has just released its all new USB to HDMI adapter, the AT-HDPiX. This new solution is designed to add a HDMI port to any computer, Mac or PC. The HDPiX has limitless applications in both consumer and commercial environments. From digital signage to home theater, the HDPiX provides a simple solution for viewing content from a computer on any HDTV at a maximum resolution of 1600x1200 or 720P. The device features a small form factor, which allows it to hide behind computers or displays.
Because the unit takes audio from the 3.5mm stereo jack from the computer, rather than through USB connection, the entire 34 Mbps bandwidth of the computers USB connection can be used to transfer HD video. This ensures high quality video playback without dropping frames during high motion video such as sports, or video games. Audio from the computer is embedded with the video and transferred to an HDTV over a single HDMI cable.
The HDPiX is will start shipping before Christmas with a MSRP of $179.
| Front View|| Rear View|
Atlona USB to HDMI Converter Model: AT-HDPiX
Atlona Technologies presents the all new USB to HDMI adaptor, the AT-HDPiX. This new solution is designed to add a HDMI port to any computer (Mac or PC) and has limitless applications in both consumer and commercial environments. From digital signage to home theater, the all new HDPiX provides a simple solution for viewing content from a computer on any HDTV making it the perfect device for any consumer or commercial application. Set up is as simple as plug and play; convenient for any user, no matter the level of technical knowledge. Connect up to 6 x AT-HDPiX to PC and up to 4 x AT-HDPiX to Mac.
- HD TVs or Projectors Compatible
- Resolutions supported up to UXGA 1600x1200 or 720p
- Up to 6 x AT-HDPiX could be used with one PC and up to 4 x AT-HDPiX with one Mac
- 32 bit True color depth of high quality images
- Capable of Mirroring or Extending Display
- Standard and wide-screen aspect ratios
- Compatible with all CRT and Flat Panel monitors
- Auto display ID using VESA compliant protocols
- Audio through 3.5mm (1/8-inch) stereo jack
- Embedded Audio into HDMI
- Quick and easy installation
- PC and Mac compatible
- Supports Windows 2000, XP and Vista, Mac OS X 10.4.1 and higher
- USB Powered (no external power needed)
- Includes software, USB cable and audio cable
Minimum PC Requirements:
- CD-ROM Drive
- Windows 2000 SP4
- Windows XP SP2
- Windows Vista SP1 (32-bit and 64-bit editions)
- One USB 2.0 port
- 512mb of Ram
- Pentium 4
- 30 megabytes (MB) of free disk space
- Computer screen for use with the HDPiX device
Minimum Mac Requirements:
- CD-ROM Drive
- OS X 10.4.1 or higher
- One USB 2.0 port
- 17 megabytes (MB) of free disk space
- Compatible with Windows 2000, XP and Vista
- Compatible with Mac OS 10.4.1 or higher
- USB connector: mini-USB female
- HDMI connector: Standard HDMI 19-pin female
- Dimensions: 3.2" W x 0.8" H x 2.2" D
- Gross Weight: 1lb.
- 1 x AT-HDPiX (USB to HDMI Converter)
- 1 x Mini Audio Cable
- 1 x USB Cable (5-pin mini to USB-A)