Asus Tips New Notebook (B23E) for Business Users
The chassis is made of magnesium-aluminum alloy and features brushed motif, one that conveys a "sophisticated feel," according to Asus. As far as internal specs go, the B23E is configurable with:
- Core i7 2650M; i5 2540M/2450M; i3 2350M/2330M
- Up to 8GB of DDR3-1333 memory
- 320GB 5400 RPM; 500GB 5400/7200 RPM; 640GB 5400 RPM; 750GB 5400/7200 RPM
- 5-in-1 memory card reader
- 2MP webcam
- 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi; Bluetooth v3.0 + HS; GbE LAN
- 1 x USB 3.0; 1 x USB 2.0; VGA/HDMI; Mic/Headphone jacks
- Windows 7 OS
"The B23 12.5’-inch notebook is durable and light, using magnesium-aluminum alloy construction on the cover and keyboard chassis. This build is several times sturdier than conventional plastics, yet remains very lightweight and portable," Asus explains on the B23E's product page. "Reinforced metal hinges, an anti-shock hard drive and a spill-proof keyboard all serve to make the B23 extremely reliable. It also includes a Sonata Long Life Battery, offering three times the life cycle of traditional li-ion batteries. The Asus Power Station II dock enables expansive connectivity to increase business productivity, just as security features include TPM (Trusted Platform Module hardware), fingerprint authorization, and smart card support."
No word on how much it will cost or when it will ship.