Apple Store App Eases Online Buying
Apple's press release on the new app implies it is currently only for U.S. customers, with no date given for international support.
One of the nice features, and perhaps "really nice" for those attempting to pre-order an iPhone 4, is that the app, known only as "Apple Store," supports easy ordering of iPhone 4s. You can "Buy or reserve a new iPhone with just a few taps."
Unfortunately, the famously large failures of AT&T on Tuesday meant that those attempting to buy through the app were frequently met with a failure. Despite the fact that you are ordering from the Apple Store, it does need to communicate with AT&T servers, and those were overwhelmed on Tuesday.
With the Apple Store app, you can:
- See new and featured products from Apple.
- Shop the full selection of products available from the Apple Online Store.
- Find the latest accessories and software.
- Read customer reviews and get answers to product questions.
- Buy or reserve a new iPhone with just a few taps.
- Locate any Apple Retail Store in the world, instantly.
- Make Personal Shopping, Genius Bar, and One to One appointments.
- Sign up for workshops and events at your favorite Apple Retail Store.