Apple Ships iOS 4.1, Fixes FaceTime Flub
Among the fixes, the several hundred megabyte download patches up a FaceTime flaw that could allow others to wreak havoc on FaceTime calls.
"An issue in the handling of invalid certificates may allow an attacker in a privileged network position to redirect FaceTime calls," Apple said. "This issue is addressed through improved handing of certificates."
Several other improvements abound, including:
- A bunch of tweaks to the Game Center (like the ability to send and receive friend requests, view Leaderboards and Achievements, and more)
- High dynamic range (HDR) photos on iPhone 4
- Support for TV show rentals in iTunes
- Ability to upload HD videos to YouTube and MobileMe over Wi-Fi on iPhone 4
- Additional support for AVRCP-supported accessories
- FaceTime calling directly from Favorites
- Several bug fixes