AMD Bulldozer Rumors
AMD hasn't officially announced the chip yet, so anything can change between now and the target launch date sometime in 2009.
The definition for M-SPACE is as follows:
- Modular: Reconfigurable “building blocks” for design speed/agility
- Scalable: Linear scaling of multi and single-thread performance
- Portable: Energy-efficiency for increased mobility/portability
- Accessible: Ongoing commitment to open innovation
- Compatible: Backward compatibility and ease of upgrade
- Efficient: Optimal on-chip and system level I/O efficiency
Current rumor and speculation are that the Bulldozer series of CPUs will feature 8-cores on their high-end parts, and that the cores will be capable of reconfiguring themselves to suit processing needs.