Amazon Instant Video App for iOS Now Supports Apple AirPlay
That's one of the new features that was rolled into version 2.1 released this week. Other added/updated features included in the 2.1 release include:
- IMDB case and director information, ratings, goofs, trivia, and quotes
- Read customer reviews
- Find other videos featuring cast or director
- Customers who watched this also watched ...
- Concurrent downloads
- Improved offline experience
- Faster and more responsive interface
- Bug fixes and stability improvements
Amazon Instant Video found its way to Apple's iPad in August of last year. Back then, subscribers only had access to 20,000 movies and TV episodes. That number has grown significantly since then, and the service is now available to iPhone and iPod touch users as well.
You can test drive the service for free for 30 days. After that, it requires a Prime membership, which runs $79 per year, or a little more than $6.58 per month. In addition to unlimited streaming, Prime members also receive free two-day shipping on millions of items, which is a major advantage over competing streaming services.