AMD Radeon R7 Series 240GB SSD Review

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,744
Points 1,210,040
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Mon, Aug 18 2014 10:59 PM

AMD is launching a new family of products today, but unless you follow the rumor mill pretty closely, it’s probably not something you’d expect. It’s not a new CPU or APU. And it’s not a new GPU or memory kit either. Well then, “what could it be” you ask? Today, AMD is launching its first line of solid state drives (SSDs), targeted squarely at AMD enthusiasts. Whodathunkit?

AMD is calling the new family of drives, the Radeon R7 Series SSD, similar to its popular mid-range line of graphics cards. The new Radeon R7 Series SSDs feature OCZ and Toshiba technology, but with a proprietary firmware geared towards write performance and high endurance...

AMD Radeon R7 Series 240GB SSD Review

• | Post Points: 125
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 568
Points 5,155

Looks like a solid all around performing drive. I wonder how much better the 480GB version performs.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 50

Big frigg'in "woop!!!

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 353
Points 2,495
Tom replied on Tue, Aug 19 2014 11:32 AM

We're getting close to having computers with all AMD components. Now we need motherboards, cooling fans, cases, and peripherals. You can do it AMD! I still use Nvidia and Intel though... :/ But I still like AMD and will likely try them out in the future.

PC gaming FTW! Can't wait for The Witcher 3.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 278
Points 2,505
Ben replied on Tue, Aug 19 2014 11:40 AM

You harbor some ill-will toward AMD Joseph? It is at the very least a "reasonable woop". According to these benchmarks the AMD Radeon R7 really competes and it does so at a comparable price. This is going to be very exciting for anyone that is a die-hard AMD fan. I love their branding too. The top of this SSD looks great and custom builders will work with that.

Causing a reaction is not the same thing as saying something significant.  - Bill Watterson

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,494
Points 47,210
ForumsAdministrator

It's great to see another player enter the fray because more competition = better prices for us consumers. Yes

SPAM-posters beware! ®

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,692
Points 55,940
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Dave_HH replied on Tue, Aug 19 2014 10:08 PM

I admit, I was skeptical but not a bad offering at all!

Editor In Chief
http://hothardware.com

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 65

wait, OCZ built? Isnt OCZ know for crap SSD's? I hope these arent refurb with new labels. I have reliability over speed OCZ failed at reliability bad and now expects consumers to forget that?

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,114
Points 11,290
CDeeter replied on Sat, Aug 23 2014 2:36 PM

High performance, and good looking for a reasonable price. Gotta love that!

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS