ASUS MeMO Pad 7 Review: Intel Bay Trail Inside

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,383
Points 1,192,245
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Fri, Jul 11 2014 2:23 PM

ASUS MeMO Pad 7 Review: Intel Bay Trail InsideASUS recently refreshed its 7-inch MeMO Pad 7 tablet with Intel’s new Atom Z3745 Bay Trail-based processor. Having overcome its rocky start, the latest generation of Atom processors is building a reputation for power efficiency and computational chops. Despite its early days in ill-fated netbooks, today's Atom looks to be a good fit for tablets and smartphones and sports new-found graphics horsepower that is up to the task for these types of devices.

We checked out the ASUS MeMO Pad 7 ME176C, which comes in at a relatively affordable $149.99, in light of competing tablets in this category...

ASUS MeMO Pad 7 Review: Intel Bay Trail Inside

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 86
Points 940
RMD replied on Wed, Jul 16 2014 5:25 PM

@bsdect I think it's Great at it's price point and I know usually "Bigger is Better" but since I've enjoyed my Tegra Note 7(Tegra 4) so much, I gave away my Galaxy Tab 10.1! More powerful and better yet, portability! I can put it in a large pocket and go!

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
Chidoro replied on Tue, Aug 12 2014 10:38 PM

Incorrect. If consumers want an inexpensive smooth running tablet with 16 gigs, this is it. And at $150, the price is unbeatable. So much so that I purchased one this weekend. And it's been absolutely great so far.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

This review is the most comprehensive review of this tablet I have found so far. All other reviewers dug into exterior design, while you managed to benchmark, and I have to say that your review has convinced me to seriously consider buying the Memo Pad 7. At 150 dollars, if I did not already have a Nexus 5 and 7, I would have been able to afford it after only saving up 1 month. That means that this tablet is affordable to me despite being below the poverty level in terms of monetary income at this time. Given the great value PLUS the SD Card port, I suspect this tablet will go on to be a great performer on the market. The fact that it is better than the Nexus 7 in most instances at this price point is a game changer. Now if only we could convince Samsung to be more realistic about the cost of its lineup...

Asus is going to win this game in the long term if they keep playing to win.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS