Samsung Gear 2 Smartwatch Review

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,394
Points 1,192,630
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Mon, Jun 23 2014 1:30 PM
Samsung Gear 2 Smartwatch ReviewWearables in general--and smartwatches in particular--are among the hottest tech trends of today. Despite a great deal of hullabaloo over these devices, though, many aren’t quite finding them as compelling as you might think. As a result, there’s a sense that no one has yet figured out the secret sauce that makes a wearable / smartwatch a "much have" device.

Samsung is at the forefront of the smartwatch push, looking to develop that perfect swoon-worthy device. The company is already on the second generation of its smartwatch line with its Gear 2, the wearable that we’re looking at today...

Samsung Gear 2 Smartwatch Review

• | Post Points: 95
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,632
Points 55,255
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Dave_HH replied on Tue, Jun 24 2014 12:30 AM

I didn't think I'd like something this geek but these are pretty cool!

Editor In Chief
http://hothardware.com

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
MtheoryDb replied on Tue, Jun 24 2014 2:18 AM

Today I got my first Samsung Gear 2 Smartwatch from Amazon. Awesome gadget @ 299$. Check it out guys: http://goo.gl/OLu3FP

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,109
Points 38,260
acarzt replied on Tue, Jun 24 2014 7:30 PM

I want a smart watch or some other wearable tech for excersize purposes, but i dont want to spend $300 on it!

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 25

I'm still waiting on my Hotwatch. Some delays in it's manufacturing from when it was Kickstartered, but I definitely like the hands free calling technology they offer to allow for a private phone call. From the reviews I've read so far it's apparently well executed.

The only thing these devices lack is a good battery. Anything with an AMOLED screen (or really any iteration that is colour) has garbage battery life. Just think of how long a normal cell phone's battery is rated to last, as new apps come out that push the device to the limits of it's design you can watch that sucker drain in under an average work day.

E-Ink is nice in that it is only really needed to update once a change of state is noted which conserves battery life, but still is subject to poor research into designing more efficient batteries.

Not Ranked
Posts 72
Points 705
Adam Todd replied on Wed, Jul 23 2014 12:47 PM

I'm astonished on how popular these watches are getting. Didn't think there were that many consumers who don't wanna take their phone out and read messages/call. It could be a must have for people who have been watching spy flicks and now they own something very similar or better than how they were portrayed in movies. If things keep looking up for smart watches, expect Rolex to roll out a smart watch that's epic.

"I'd rather have one and not need it, then need it and not have one." - Alien vs Predator

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 353
Points 2,465
Tom replied on Fri, Aug 1 2014 5:20 PM

Looks like an awesome choice if you're looking for a smart watch. I've never really been interested in a smart watch because of the small screen, but I can see why they are becoming more and more popular.

PC gaming FTW! Can't wait for The Witcher 3.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS