Contract Free: Moto G And Republic Wireless Review

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,850
Points 1,170,975
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Fri, Jun 6 2014 12:13 PM

Contract Free: Moto G And Republic Wireless ReviewWhen we last checked in with Republic Wireless, we found that the service itself was as advertised (inexpensive and very good), but the asterisk was the handset--the Motorola Defy XT, a decidedly midrange smartphone that was the only handset you could use with the service. Worse, the price tag was a mite steep at $249.

Subsequently, however, Republic Wireless added two handsets to the lineup that changed the game with the Motorola Moto X and Moto G. Although neither are considered particularly high-end smartphones, we found the Moto X to be a well-made device with substantial performance capabilities. The question we’re asking today is whether or not the Moto G’s performance can equal or exceed its value, particularly within Republic Wireless’ service, because a bargain is only a bargain if you’re getting something good out of it...

Contract Free: Moto G And Republic Wireless Review

• | Post Points: 95
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,543
Points 54,460
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Dave_HH replied on Fri, Jun 6 2014 3:23 PM

$149 and no contract... not too shabby at all.

Editor In Chief
http://hothardware.com

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,466
Points 46,975
ForumsAdministrator

That's a nice phone in that price range but being limited to 3G might be a deal-breaker for some, including me. Right now the 3G Moto G is available prepaid no-contract at Best Buy for only $49.99 and at Verizon for $79.99. I believe these are Father's Day sales and normally the phone is $99.99.

SPAM-posters beware! ®

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,576
Points 103,180
MembershipAdministrator

"the cheapest of skates?"

Lord, you got me,.........I'm cheap! LOL!

This seems like a good phone for the money.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

I have had Republic Wireless for over a year now and currently have a Moto X through them.

I love the low prices while still having a top tier smartphone.

I recently got the Moto G for my mom for mothers day. It's her first smartphone and she loves it!

If you're around wifi all the time then I definitely recommend getting a phone from Republic Wireless and only paying $10 a month for unlimited talk and text.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 5
ckh replied on Mon, Jun 9 2014 1:07 PM

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE The Moto X is an excellent phone in all respects. I use an UNLIMITED, NO CONTRACT cell, text and data service on the Moto X for $25 a month and that is only available from Republic Wireless. They also offer a unlimited cell and text plan for $10 a month. They use Sprint cell with Verizon roaming, and use WIFI connections where neither is available. That makes it extremely accessible. It is revolutionary, and it saves a fortune. I have been using Republic for over a year and a half now I recommend them to everyone I know. They sell the Moto X for $299 or the Moto G for $149.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 5
Arbitron replied on Tue, Jun 10 2014 1:59 AM

I use the Moto X with Republic Wireless and it's a good phone for a decent price at $299. The price is a lot better than elsewhere for over $500. Republic also has access to Sprint's roaming partners so the coverage is much better than other MVNOs from Sprint. All in all, great service at an awesome price.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
BoonJoe replied on Sun, Jul 20 2014 4:21 PM

Republic Wireless service has been great. You will save $20 off your new service by using this referral link: http://rwshar.es/3NIT

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS