Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare To Feature Entirely New Game Engine

rated by 0 users
This post has 11 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,886
Points 1,173,510
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Wed, May 7 2014 10:13 AM
It's hard not to get excited about Activision's upcoming Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare title after watching the recently released trailer showing game footage from Microsoft's Xbox One console. The storyline, while not completely new, is certainly intriguing, and the voice acting headlined by Kevin Spacey is simply superb. Game play and graphics will ultimately dictate the overall fun factor, and with regards to those elements, Sledgehammer Games co-founder Michael Condrey says the title is built on a brand new game engine.

The revelation is found in the June issue of Game Informer, which features CoD:AW as its cover story. In it, Condrey says the new game engine is focused on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Audio Director and ex-Visceral employee Don Veca also offered up some commentary on the game engine. Veca, you may recall, was involved in the popular Dead Space series.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

"Dead Space was Dead Space. That was a long time ago, That's like bragging about being on the football team in high school," Veca says. "We've had two and a half years to create brand new tech to control and support this game. It's something like 10 times the memory since this is next-gen. With all this extra memory and new mixing technology, we don't have to compress everything. We can make things longer and let them breathe."

Sledgehammer Games, the third major studio to work on the CoD series, promises a different experience that's more tense than previous games in the franchise. And yes, soldiers on both sides of the conflict will don exoskeletons, giving them the ability to pull off so-called super jumps, as well as several other tricks.
  • | Post Points: 155
Not Ranked
Posts 81
Points 855
RMD replied on Wed, May 7 2014 12:20 PM

I hope it's doesn't turn out to be "COD: Gadgetfall"! Titanfall Pilots with high-tech gadgets instead of Titans.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 72
Points 775
basroil replied on Wed, May 7 2014 12:28 PM

If dogs and shields weren't bad enough, this might take the cake...

But really, why would anyone want to go half-assed and only have "super jumps" and gadgets rather than the incredible movement abilities and giant robots in Titanfall?

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 50

Call of Revenue: Advanced Sequel.

Not Ranked
Posts 12
Points 105

Same old product with a new coat of paint again

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 15

bring it on. 😋

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 30

after the complete disappointment in ghost I dont believe ill be buying another COD

Not Ranked
Posts 38
Points 355
Chondro replied on Wed, May 7 2014 5:02 PM

cant wait

Not Ranked
Posts 13
Points 80

that was kinda obvious from the graphics

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 15

As a PC gamer, I will never buy another CoD from a studio other than Treyarch. They are the only one that has any semblance of care about the PC community.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 15

Speaking as a PC gamer.. After the fiasco surrounding Ghosts I will not buy another CoD game from a studio other than Treyarch as they are the only CoD studio that seems to still have any semblance of care for the PC community. Ghosts.. PC optimizations.. What a joke. I had to turn the graphics down until I got 120 fps to get anything approaching the smoothness that I got in Black Ops 1/2 at as low as 45 fps.

Not Ranked
Posts 13
Points 125
BJew replied on Thu, May 8 2014 2:28 PM

about time

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS