Unreal Tournament 4 Expected To Debut This Week With Unreal Engine 4

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,351
Points 1,191,470
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Mon, May 5 2014 10:15 AM
We’ve been covering Unreal Engine 4 aplenty, but in one post from several weeks ago, our Rob Williams remarked, “At this point, the only thing that could make me more excited for UE4 games to get here is if one of them happened to be Unreal Tournament 4.”

Epic Unreal Tournament 4

Today’s a good day for Rob, because that’s what’s happening. Epic Games’ VP Mark Rein as well as Paul Meegan announced on Twitter that the future of Unreal Tournament would be revealed this Thursday at 2pm on Twitch. Rein further clarified things a bit, tweeting “I love #UnrealTournament - So excited for the comeback!”

twitter epic mark rein

It would certainly make sense to bring back UT, as it would be an ideal platform for showcasing Unreal Engine 4, which we got a sampling of at GTC 2014. (Also, fans of the game will lose their minds with delight.)

There are no more details available just yet, but tune in to the Epic Twitch channel Thursday at 2pm EST to find out the details.
  • | Post Points: 95
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 625
Points 5,595
ForumsAdministrator
RWilliams replied on Mon, May 5 2014 11:54 AM

Cheers for the shout-out :D

I admit I was getting worried that we'd never see another UT game, because this is the longest span of time we've gone without one since the original launched in 1999. It always struck me as odd that UE is one of the biggest, most robust game engines in the world, and the series it's named after was being left ignored.

Given the past couple of games, I am sure it will happen, but I'll say it anyway: Epic, please recreate some of the classic levels. I sure wouldn't turn down a UE4-based Face, Phobus, Lava Giant, Deck 16, HyperBlast, Morpheus... alright, I might be getting greedy.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,361
Points 48,680
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Marco C replied on Mon, May 5 2014 11:58 AM

Hoping Mark breaks some big news and the game comes sooner rather than later. The UT franchise is one of my favorites too--I can't fathom how many times my wife has head "Head Shot" coming out of my office...

Marco Chiappetta
Managing Editor @ HotHardware.com

Follow Marco on Twitter

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 20

Just please don't mess with the formula too much. I understand franchises have to evolve over time but don't change it so much that it's a completley different game with the UT name slapped on it

Not Ranked
Posts 86
Points 940
RMD replied on Mon, May 5 2014 4:23 PM

I remember adding the Samuel L Jackson Voice Pack years ago! Talk about a Fun Series! I miss the Flak Cannon!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20

Please make a Linux version!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 352
Points 3,860
StaticFX replied on Mon, May 5 2014 11:21 PM

its about time...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE... take UT99 and just make it with UE4!!

Not Ranked
Posts 33
Points 250
EzHunt replied on Tue, May 6 2014 12:30 AM

If its a console and mac or linux game like UT3 it will be suck ass and not worth buying if a PC gamer.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 352
Points 3,860
StaticFX replied on Thu, May 15 2014 8:44 AM

it will be made for PC, mac, and linux..

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS