Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth Lets Players Boldly Go Where No Man Has Gone Before

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,085
Points 1,183,190
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Sun, Apr 13 2014 11:26 AM
Well, we've gone and done it now. In an effort to advance civilizations through the wonders of science and technology through the years, mankind has ruined this hunk of rock known as Earth, which is no longer fit for human habitation. If our species is to survive, we'll need a new home, and it's with that premise that Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth takes place.

You're part of an expedition tasked with finding a new home elsewhere in the universe. The next chapter of the human race is yours to write as you attempt to create a new civilization in space. No need to feel overwhelmed, though, as all that's at stake is the future of mankind.

Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth

"Explore and colonize an alien planet, research new technologies, amass mighty armies, build incredible Wonders and shape the face of your new world," Firaxis Games explains. "As you embark on your journey you must make critical decisions. From your choice of sponsor and the make-up of your colony, to the ultimate path you choose for your civilization, every decision opens up new possibilities."

You'll choose one of eight different expedition sponsors to start the game, each with its own leader and unique gameplay benefits. For example, you can be a banker from Boston, carpenter from Ohio, or Farmer from Illinois and, uh, scratch that, wrong game, wrong era, wrong everything.

Getting back to Beyond Earth, you'll run into hostile life forms unlike those on Earth, build outposts, dig up ancient alien relics, tame new forms of life, go on quests, build and deploy advanced military, and more. The game will also support multiplayer mode with up to 8 players competing for dominance of a new alien world.

Look for Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth to debut sometime this fall.
  • | Post Points: 80
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 118
Points 905

I would totally play the Oregon trail/civilization mashup.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 28
Points 230

I would gladly try to be a banker for one day :)

Not Ranked
Posts 26
Points 155

Out of this world classic ! Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri http://www.amazon.com/Alpha-Centauri-PC/dp/B00004XRBD/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

Not Ranked
Posts 68
Points 715
Connor replied on Sun, Apr 13 2014 2:51 PM

I'm hoping so hard that they pull this off well. If they do, it could be my new favorite TBS game. :D

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 134
Points 1,205
Rosec14 replied on Sun, Apr 13 2014 7:26 PM

Is this the next installment? Or just DLC for Civ V?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS