Live NVIDIA GTC 2014 Coverage: Next Gen Pascal GPU, GeForce GTX Titan Z, NVLink, 3D Stacked DRAM And Tegra K1 Updates

rated by 0 users
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,345
Points 1,191,380
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Tue, Mar 25 2014 5:58 PM
NVIDIA's 2014 GTC (GPU Technology Conference) kicked off with a bang this morning in San Jose California, with NVIDIA CEO Jen-Hsun Huang offering up a healthy dose of new information on next generation NVIDIA GPU technologies for the professional workstation, big data analytics, cloud computing, gaming and mobile markets.  As members of the press took their seats in the front row, we were treated to a spectacle of sight and sound, NVIDIA-style and Jen-Hsun wasted no time diving in on the latest NVIDIA cutting-edge GPU technology advancements.

Read on for our full report with live video coverage...

• | Post Points: 200
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 20

Wow that's amazing. Can't wait to see more on this

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 429
Points 3,280

I think I could remember studying this pascal guy... ( very intelligent guy ) in school but I dint know a Gpu would be named after him o.o Amazing indeed on a whole new level especially The TITAN Z!!!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,686
Points 104,335
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Tue, Mar 25 2014 8:48 PM

I'd love to see them build a Dual GTX-770 Based GPU at a lower price than their monster cards.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 88
Points 590

Just amazing, NVIDIA does some great stuff. Bad part is most of us here will never be able to afford this as much as we would want to. By the time we can save up for it, it would be crap and their would be something much better, but at the same time we will probably need to use that money for something more responsible.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,619
Points 55,175
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Dave_HH replied on Wed, Mar 26 2014 3:00 AM

Pascal is an aggressive, impressive effort. When 3D stack DRAM technology is on board, along with the kind of serial interconnect advancements NVIDIA is making, Pascal could be game-changing monster graphics engine.

Editor In Chief
http://hothardware.com

Not Ranked
Posts 19
Points 110
RYF replied on Thu, Mar 27 2014 11:54 PM

NVIDIA successfully RAISE THE BAR

Titan Z, Pascal... Glorious!

Not Ranked
Posts 84
Points 765

As always, Nvidia has raised the bar; I wonder if NVLink mezzanine connector will not be as off-putting as some think it might as far as being adopted by motherboard manufacturers.

The idea behind it all makes sense. If it in facts improve both energy efficiency and energy delivery as well as Nvidia has reported it being able to do, it seems like a no-brainer. to me.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 143
Points 970
Jason replied on Sun, Mar 30 2014 8:23 PM

Just another reason why Nvidia is the way to go... Absolute monster.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 30

Looking forward to seeing the new integration of Titan Z and the new Pascal GPU out in the field of technology.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 30

I was looking on Nvidia's website and looking over their test supercomputer on one board thing and am really questing the ability is it like a Raspberry Pi?

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 88
Points 590

Hunter, please link it

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,383
Points 31,065
rrplay replied on Tue, Apr 8 2014 10:41 PM

HunterPersse:

I was looking on Nvidia's website and looking over their test supercomputer on one board thing and am really questing the ability is it like a Raspberry Pi?

Where you thinking of this one ?

NVIDIA Unveils First Mobile Supercomputer for Embedded Systems

http://nvidianews.nvidia.com/Releases/NVIDIA-Unveils-First-Mobile-Supercomputer-for-Embedded-Systems-ad8.aspx

"Don't Panic ! 'cause HH got's your back!"

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS