The Pen Is Mightier Than The Finger, Well Sometimes: Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 Review

rated by 0 users
This post has 10 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,732
Points 1,209,230
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Fri, Mar 21 2014 12:16 PM
Samsung introduced its PRO line of Galaxy Tab and Galaxy Note tablets at CES in January. We had a brief chance to check out these new tablets while at CES and now we have the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 in house for a full hands-on review. As you may recall, this tablet features a 10.1-inch WQXGA display that supports a resolution of 2560 x 1600.

On paper, the Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 has the hardware specifications we’d expect to see from a tablet that targets professionals who are looking for the “best of the best” including an impressive display, Samsung Exynos 5 Octa processor, Android 4.4 (KitKat), 2GB RAM, and 16GB of Flash storage. Samsung also claims the Tab Pro 10.1 can last for up to nine hours on a single charge.

In addition to powerful hardware, Samsung includes a number of unique software features with the Tab Pro 10.1 that bring additional functionality to the tablet. Let's have a closer look...
  • | Post Points: 110
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 434
Points 3,340

A Cousin of mine had one of the tablets same brand aswell but not this one it was older and their was a huge delay when he would tap on a app he would have to press hard on the screen to get it to function. im not dashing or anything this Tablet looks pretty Sweet I may get one myself

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,688
Points 55,890
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Dave_HH replied on Fri, Mar 21 2014 10:25 PM

Sounds like one of the earliest class of tablets with resistive touch, versus capacitive touch like they have now.

Editor In Chief
http://hothardware.com

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 10
marvel14 replied on Sat, Mar 22 2014 8:08 AM

Samsung has finally proposed the true competitor of the ipad air

ipad air and galaxy note 10.1 pro it worth, only a good comparison could tell us what is the best tablet

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 434
Points 3,340

Yeah I believe so usually you can find these tablets in random magazines etc or say cheap ones

Not Ranked
Posts 57
Points 450
basroil3 replied on Sun, Mar 23 2014 11:37 PM

Looks like the only "Pro" part of it is the price... Even Atom based Windows 8 computers seem to beat it in everything but thickness and battery while playing music with screen and speakers off. It's fine for a toy, but that's all it really is, definitely not a professional tool.

Not Ranked
Posts 19
Points 110
RYF replied on Mon, Mar 24 2014 3:17 AM

Great review Jennifer ^^ Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 with gorgeous 2560 x 1600 WQXGA display plus excellent battery 8220mAh Lithium Ion on that price..it's hard to ignore...

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 120
Points 1,005

wooooo fancy fancy i would go with Samsung over apple any day dealing with apple is comfusing!

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 434
Points 3,340

Yup I would do the same Apples only good if you can eat em

Not Ranked
Posts 28
Points 230

Wonder why do you say that? I think you're the first i see that likes Samsung over Ipad for example

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

I just ordered a galaxy tab pro 10.1 from air miles, it will be delivered any day now, quite excited! But since ordering I have read several comments regarding the preloaded apps being kind of a waste of space if you are not using this tablet in an office enviroment, and that once you put your photos in the SD card you can not use photoshop on them.

This is a concern because I am a fledgling amateur photographer and mainly wanted this unit based on its awesome display, so I hope that there is some way to store a lot of shitty photos and still be able to go back and manipulate them whenever I want, I had an old acer iconia 210 tablet and I never did quite get the storage thing under my control and understanding. I guess I am just a little worried that I will not be using this product to my best advantage. Hopefully if I read the users manual carefully, there is an easy way to retrieve files from SD storage. I should wait until I get it before I start bitching about it. I like to babble!

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS