Far Cry 4 Will Put You Atop Elephants In The Himalayas, Reportedly Shipping In First Half Of 2015

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,749
Points 1,210,260
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Fri, Mar 21 2014 12:15 PM
Admit it, you've always wanted to ride on an elephant, right? Okay, maybe that wasn't on your bucket list, but would you really turn down an opportunity to sit atop an elephant if it presented itself? Now imagine riding on one into an outpost of bad guys with guns-a-blazing and explosions in the background. Now it's starting to sound like a video game, and if the latest web chatter is true, this is what you'll face in Far Cry 4.

Yes, Ubisoft is currently developing Far Cry 4, which is scheduled to launch before the end of March 2015, EuroGamer reports. Being able to ride on top of elephants won't be the only thing that's new to the series. Whereas previous titles featured lush, tropical landscapes, Far Cry 4 will take place in the snowy mountains of the Himalayas.

Far Cry 3
Scenes like this will be replaced by elephants and snow mountains in Far Cry 4.

The new locale offers the development team opportunities to try new things, though the core game play will be similar to Far Cry 3. That's also true of the map structure -- you'll be tasked with liberating different outposts, but did we mention there will be mountable elephants?

Other details are understandably light at this early stage, though Ubisoft is expected to give gamers an official look at the game during a press conference at E3 in June. As for launch platforms, Far Cry 4 will be available for the PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One -- no word yet on whether it will also launch on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
  • | Post Points: 110
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 257
Points 3,190
Jaybk26 replied on Fri, Mar 21 2014 1:42 PM

How are they going to mix snowy mountains and elephants?

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
JoshClark replied on Fri, Mar 21 2014 3:11 PM

Farcry 4 better use the snowdrop enhine!

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 434
Points 3,340

Ice Age The Movie combined with Farcry That's a Epic Mix of Frosty Awesomeness

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 143
Points 985
Jason replied on Fri, Mar 21 2014 5:04 PM

Oh I love this serious. The Game play of 2 and the some of the Dialog of 3 we're really amazing. And it's always been a great looking game. Looking forward to this one!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 88
Points 590

Sorry Jay, for some reason this serious does not do it for me. i have tried them all but they grow boring very quick for me, I am sure I am the minority on this.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 15
bsaetia replied on Sat, Mar 22 2014 6:24 PM

Skiing and snowboarding option must be implemented on this.

Not Ranked
Posts 69
Points 720
Connor replied on Sat, Mar 22 2014 7:39 PM

I'm actually kind of disappointed by this. All of the amazing vibrancy and color of the last game will be replaced by a barren wasteland of white. I'd like to be proven wrong, but it seems like you wouldn't get much other than white and grey in the Himalayas.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS