Intel Education-Designed Amplify Tablet Offers Rugged Mobile Computing For K - 12 Schools

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,814
Points 1,213,420
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Sun, Mar 9 2014 2:03 PM
In a world where for some reason there are schools think that outfitting students with delicate and expensive iPads is a good idea, Intel Education has designed a rugged tablet that may actually survive the toughest test there is: kids K-12.

The Android-based Amplify Tablet was built specifically for “the K-12 environment” with Corning Gorilla Glass, ruggedized edges that can survive drops, some level of waterproofing, and a tethered stylus. (The key there being “tethered”.)

Intel Education Amplify Tablet

The tablet runs on a dual-core Intel Atom chip (2GHz) and also features a 10.1-inch touch display and 5MP rear- and 1.3MP rear cameras. There are microHDMI and microUSB ports, as well as a 2x2 MIMO WiFi radio.

The Amplify Tablet also includes Miracast capabilities, a case that doubles as a stand, an external USB keyboard, as well as content aimed at those K-12 along with educational apps and filtering.

Intel Education Amplify Tablet

The price point is interesting; schools will be able to lease each tablet for $199 per year for 3 years. The cost includes the whole schmeer--tablet, accessories, platform, and software.
  • | Post Points: 65
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 541
Points 4,525
ajm531 replied on Sun, Mar 9 2014 9:46 PM

wow thats a decent price. in regards to the first comment i think older kids(to a certain degree) are trustworthy for working with ipads and such but having them in school is awesome. However this initiative from intel is a really nice deal.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 143
Points 985
Jason replied on Sun, Mar 9 2014 10:52 PM

Wow this is crazy to think of my school days. Not that it was that long ago. Biggest concern would be thievery, but I would unrealistically hope that no one would steal it. Cool concept though. I like the idea of getting children involved with technology. Good teaching tool to keep them interested

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
Lydia789 replied on Wed, Sep 17 2014 7:16 AM

I love Electronics Technology degree program's and that is the brilliant idea of iPads for students its create competition in the student's then their concentrate become more powerful, Speedy Essay writes an assignment for students Can Someone Write My Essay the point of this assignment is make them understand and help them. 

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
lewispaul replied on Tue, Oct 14 2014 2:11 AM

I really appreciate the quality of your work here. Thanks so much for sharing such valuable information with the rest of the world. essay professional writers

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

This is an excellent post i seen.I have to thanks to you to share it. It is really what I wanted to see hope in future you will continue for sharing such a excellent post...

Academic Writing

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS