Dell UltraSharp UP3214Q 4K Ultra HD Monitor Review

rated by 0 users
This post has 17 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,485
Points 1,196,280
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Thu, Mar 6 2014 12:48 PM

Dell UltraSharp UP3214Q 4K Ultra HD Monitor ReviewIn case you didn't get the memo, the 4K Ultra HD revolution has begun. Services like YouTube and Netflix are already serving up 4K streams, while hardware makers like Dell are stepping to the plate with displays that can playback 4K video in all its native glory. The latter is what we have here for review -- a Dell UltraSharp UP3214Q monitor with a 31.5-inch IGZO panel.

With its 3840x2160 resolution, there's a massive number of pixels to play with on the UP3214Q, especially for multitasking chores, content creators who routinely work with large images or videos, and power users in general. Even gamers can get in on the action, though the refresh rate maxes out at 60Hz (via DisplayPort 1.2) and you'll need a burly setup to push gaming pixels around at 4K...

Dell UltraSharp UP3214Q 4K Ultra HD Monitor Review

• | Post Points: 215
Not Ranked
Posts 11
Points 50

auser nem pc kann nichts ulta hd(4K HD) darstellen '! vom TV mal ganz abgesehen.die bekommen ja nichtmal richtiges HD hin alles nur hochskalliert

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 143
Points 985
Jason replied on Fri, Mar 7 2014 2:50 PM

Would love to use that for gaming, just wish the response time was a little lower. even though 8ms isn't bad. The 60Hz doesn't bother me. Doubt that I'd have system that would do 4K and push past 60fps either way but I bet it would look fantastic

replied on Sat, Mar 8 2014 5:52 AM

Damn,all those 4k monitors are extremely high priced.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 30

I'd rather buy 2 or 3 1440p monitors than a single display in this price range.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 431
Points 3,295

I Would Love To Swivel This Baby ;) hehehe

Not Ranked
Posts 22
Points 140

Its sucks that we haven't hit affordable 4k monitors with decent FPS yet but I am definitely glad that we are starting to see a trend of 4k monitors coming to the consumer market now :-D

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 45
Ejoman replied on Tue, Mar 11 2014 4:56 PM

I want a 4k monitor so bad, but I also want to keep $3,500. I'll go with keeping the money. I'd much rather build a computer that has 2 gtx titans and some other nice hardware, instead of a pretty monitor.

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 50

I doubt the monitors will even be worth buying for at least 2-3 years anyway.

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 25

Lets wait for few years so the response time will drop to minimu, for gaming...

Not Ranked
Posts 19
Points 110
RYF replied on Mon, Mar 24 2014 2:53 AM

Great review Paul, Dell is the company brand that i trust for their Excellent Monitor and this UltraSharp UP3214Q 4K Ultra HD Monitor looks TOP NOTCH!

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 35
raykat replied on Fri, Mar 28 2014 2:05 PM

Fear not Ya say ya want cheaper 4k...it's coming real soon.Besides this monitor Dell is going to be releasing 28inch and a 24 inch 4k monitors very,very soon.Believe it or not i think the 28 inch model runs cheaper than the 24inch.I believe the 28 inch spec wise is going to be geared more towards mainstream,consumer specs and the 24 inch is geared spec wise more for video and graphics pros.The 24inch is supposed to be around $1,400 bucks and the 28 inch?...right around a $1,000...should be pretty sweet..and the rest of the manufacturers will jump right in line shortly there after ,so keep your shirts on...

Not Ranked
Posts 87
Points 780

From what I can recall, having a 4K monitor negates the needs of having a multi-monitor set-up for gaming. Does that make sense to anyone in this forum?

Not Ranked
Posts 87
Points 780

Interesting information about Dell's IGZO panels on this product; can it be looked into if ASUS and other 4K monitor manufacturers are slowly having such panels on their monitors?

Is this like other 4K monitors where it uses MST to drive a single display? If so, is there a chance we'll see single stream monitor versions of a monitor like this from Dell and other Manufacturers?

Would be interesting to have an opportunity to see how well the Zeus Mini would handle such a screen doing low-end to mid-end intensive stuff with it on it... :)

Not Ranked
Posts 59
Points 415

The next step is going to put 4k mini monitors in something like the Oculus Rift, for super hi-def ultra-realistic 3D virtual nirvana. That's going to be spectacular.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 15

Can I just have unlimited money?

Not Ranked
Posts 87
Points 780

It'd be great to have 4K for programming as well after reading this article (I do web development): http://tiamat.tsotech.com/4k-is-for-programmers

Not Ranked
Posts 72
Points 705
Adam Todd replied on Wed, Jul 23 2014 2:16 AM

I wonder when 4K tech will be more affordable. Hoping 4k tech doesn't turn out to be a 3D phase because I'm excited for this new innovation. Hopefully it'll completely replace HD TVs currently out like how HD replaced CRT. Also, are all or most 4K tvs smart? I don't care for that extra feature, just thought it might be included for whatever reason.

"I'd rather have one and not need it, then need it and not have one." - Alien vs Predator

Page 1 of 1 (18 items) | RSS