Diablo III: Reaper of Souls: Better, Faster, More Fun

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,744
Points 1,209,800
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Mon, Feb 10 2014 12:50 PM

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls: Better, Faster, More FunIn about six weeks, Blizzard will launch Reaper of Souls, the first expansion pack for Diablo 3. I've spent the last few weeks playing in the beta for RoS, and while I normally hold an article this extensive for a launch, there's enough locked-in differences to be worth discussing at this stage.

This new expansion comes with the usual slew of goodies -- a new Act for the game, new quests, a new enchanting ability, and a new skill for each existing class, as well as a new Crusader class to experiment with. All of this falls into the "expected" category. What's more important about Reaper of Souls is that it makes core changes to the way Diablo III feels and plays, changes that, in aggregate, have made the game a great deal more fun...

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls: Better, Faster, More Fun

• | Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
Posts 12
Points 80

Also you'll notice the skill changes:

You can basically pick up skills and talents for your class to make up or supplant your gear or play style (like lack of healing or regen) and the talents work pretty well. Plus no penalty to skill swapping.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,082
Points 11,720
Joel H replied on Tue, Feb 11 2014 11:49 AM

Yes. Nuking the skill-swap timer was a very good move.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Points 30

great job, I could try expanding on a friend's computer, since mine is broken and the work has been spectacular.

An act with great content, length, and with new mechanics, enemies, abilities, items.

At last they have given us a Diablo 3 honoring the saga.

I hope to get a team soon to continue playing it.

Not Ranked
Posts 23
Points 280

If I see a deal for Diablo III, I might actually try and pick it up now. The AH was a huge turn off for me and if they increased loot rates as well, it might actually be fun.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 402
Points 4,355
StaticFX replied on Tue, Aug 12 2014 1:48 PM

shadowphaxe:

If I see a deal for Diablo III, I might actually try and pick it up now. The AH was a huge turn off for me and if they increased loot rates as well, it might actually be fun.

RoS has been out for months now, and a new patch (2.1) is currently in testing on the PTR.. if you like Diablo, RoS is what should have been released originally. Its much more fun, its a bit harder to get what you want (instead of just buying it)... and replay is quite good. Then with the new changes coming it will be even better.

only downfall is the trading, only way to trade is if the person is in the game with you when the legendary item drops... otherwise, account bound. But still fun. Ladders (seasons) are coming along with legendary gems... its worth the money now

Not Ranked
Posts 23
Points 280

Yeah. After seeing this, they pretty much fixed everything I hated about it to start. Just need to find a good deal for it because paying $40 a piece just isn't worth it to me.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS