Thinking About a Nexus 5? Might Want to Hold-Up, Design Changes Coming

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,705
Points 1,207,970
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Fri, Dec 13 2013 10:06 AM
It appears Google and LG may have slightly altered the hardware design of the Nexus 5 smartphone to make it a bit more sturdier and better overall. Differences in design were discovered when an XDA Forum member sent his Nexus 5 in for replacement due to several defects in his existing one, including "noisy buttons," a protruding SIM tray, and a few other niggling issues.

The Nexus 5 he received back was slightly different from his defective device. None of the defects he complained about were present, plus it had buttons that weren't as noisy and a larger microphone with bigger speaker holes.

Nexus 5 Comparison

The differences are subtle, though if you peek at the picture above, you can make out ever-so-slightly bigger speaker holes. It's kind of a bummer for early adopters to be stuck with an older revision, but on the bright side, there doesn't appear to be any major advantages. This is purely speculation, but perhaps the revised model pumps out slightly louder sound, or maybe the speaker holes are just less prone to getting clogged up by dirt and debris.

All that said, if you've been eyeballing the Nexus 5, you may want to wait just a little longer before making the jump to ensure that you get the newest revision.
  • | Post Points: 80
Not Ranked
Posts 76
Points 500

Noted

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 35
JEngel replied on Fri, Dec 13 2013 12:18 PM

So pissed....

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 216
Points 2,135
SmogHog replied on Fri, Dec 13 2013 7:20 PM

I have no issues with mine.

Having to buy Nexus Media Importer App to use USB OTG flash drive and OTG Card Reader w/mico sd card on unrooted phone is my main complaint.

I would have liked a mico sd card slot and removable battery but....

Very good phone for a very good price.

Now Google needs to work on a Google Play Store that is equal Worldwide

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 184
Points 1,230

or you can just use the house phone...

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

Karan Sadawana was searching for difference between new larger and older sound grill... but to no avail. guess i have to wait till jan to confir that new revamped models are up in market. huh!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,756
Points 104,950
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Sat, Dec 14 2013 1:38 PM

CliffVincent:
or you can just use the house phone...

People still use house phones?     *~REALLY?~*

We dumped our house phone years ago and never looked back.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS