Lian Li Wants Feedback From You On The Design Of Their Next PC Case

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,827
Points 1,168,150
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Sat, Nov 30 2013 11:26 AM
Lian Li makes some killer cases, but the company is not above gathering input from users on designs and features. The latest chassis it’s soliciting feedback on is the prototype for the PC-A51, which is in the same line as the PC-A05N.

As it stands, the PC-A51 is a nice-looking case, sporting a black-and-red look that combines clean lines with pops of color. Key features include support for 240/280mm radiators, 30mm of space behind the motherboard tray for better cable management, a tool-less HDD bay system, and a front-mounted PSU designed to let users take more advantage of the available space.

Lian-Li PC-A51

There’s also a huge clear window so you can see all the hot hardware inside. The PC-A51 can accommodate up to five 3.5-inch or 2.5-inch drives, and it has seven expansion slots, four USB 3.0 ports, HD audio, and support for graphics cards up to 280mm in length. You can use a CPU cooler that’s up to 175mm high, too.

There’s a 140mm fan mounted on the front, a 120mm exhaust fan in the back, and two optional 120mm/140mm top-mounted fans.

If you can think of other features or design elements you’d want to see on this chassis, let Lian Li know.
  • | Post Points: 80
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 116
Points 880

It's going to end up like the car Homer Simpson designed.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,572
Points 103,130
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Sat, Nov 30 2013 10:30 PM

Looks like the HDD bays are removable to accommodate longer GPUs. (screws on the back)

They could lose the red paint IMHO.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 51
Points 450
RMedley replied on Sun, Dec 1 2013 12:57 AM

It actually looks relatively small to me hopefully they left enough room and even built in paths for wires between the bottom of the MB tray and the case side opposite of the window I also hate it when the do not use thumb screws on both side walls personally, as far as it goes that just to small for me I either get super small or at the least a mid to large tower. I see they have bottom air pathway up which is good but the PSU below the hard drives seem like a bad fit to me especially for mechanical hard drives as heat rises as well as diminishes lifetimes on mechanical hard drives. Maybe the should put the PSU up top where the DVD drive is in this one with a barrier between it and the other components and an opening above and a out fan pulling heat up and out then DVD drive etc under it and hd's under that ,

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 180
Points 1,660

It looks compact o.o I dont like it at all

Not Ranked
Posts 10
Points 110

Love the front-mounted PSU! Genius idea, why did nobody ever think of it yet? It could be a bit smaller by losing the dead space at the top for the radiators, but that might leave the proportions kinda weird...

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 10

Yeah id say loose the red paint, or at-least offer other colors otherwise id love to have that case

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 522
Points 4,820

They list 30mm space behind the MB tray for wiring.  For those that don't do metric, that is nearly 1.2" which should be more than enough.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS