iBuypower Chimera 4SE FX Ultimate: AMD Gaming PC

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,504
Points 1,196,985
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Fri, Nov 29 2013 12:28 PM

iBuypower is offering an AMD-based system in its Chimera 4SE line, which is designed to give users serious gaming performance without a wallet-busting price tag. The Chimera is part of iBuypower’s Signature Series, which includes iBuypower’s highest-priced and most powerful gaming systems, like the Revolt and Valkyrie.

The centerpiece of the Chimera 4SE FX Ultimate is an all AMD-based CPU/GPU combo. The processor is a 4.7GHz (5.0GHz with Turbo), eight-core AMD FX-9590, designed with overclockers in mind. It’s cooled by a closed-loop liquid cooler, which seems to be the way most custom builders are going these days. That’s likely due to not only the headroom they give overclockers, but also to the stability of their relatively lightweight physical connections inside the case...

iBuypower Chimera 4SE FX Ultimate: AMD Gaming PC

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20

What a pointless review. Why on earth would you test this system at 1080p and less? Should it not be 1080p +? No one is going to buy this system to play games at 1080p or less, and now the buyer has no idea how it performs at the real resolution they will probably be playing at 1440p.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,705
Points 104,490
MembershipAdministrator

All I have is 1080p screens here so far, so I'm glad to see it test that way. I like the graphic on the case too.

I prefer to build my own systems, but I like the updatability of this one.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,652
Points 55,425
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Dave_HH replied on Sun, Dec 1 2013 4:56 PM

Seems to me that's a pointless comment. Anyone that knows anything about the tech will realize we tested at 1080p, which by the way is a VERY common resolution (most common in fact) and very high image quality settings with high AA enabled - so the results scale accordingly.... and isn't that the real take-away? But wait, there's more... a quick check on Steam's hardware survey shows the top monitor resolution for gamers is, you guessed it, 1920X1080. Now, I understand your point about this being a high end system capable of higher resolution but again, the results are relative, especially with high IQ settings.

Editor In Chief
http://hothardware.com

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 419
Points 4,730

Just a question, why are most high end (pricey) systems these days not including better then onboard sound?  Has onboard sound come so far ahead as to make add in cards redundant?  I understand in this case there simply isn't room, but for damned near 3000.00 I want to know.  

Amazing pictures are wonderful, but my lifestyle demands the money goes many directions or I feel like its wasted.  I searched reviews but I can't seem to find a solid answer.  (Sorry for potentially thread jacking but the resolution discussion had already been answered.)

AMD X6 1100T - MSI 750-G55 - 16GB Patriot Viper II - nVidia GTX 470 - SB XFi Titanium>JVC A-X9>JBL Control Monitor 4312A

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS