Samsung Galaxy S5 Coming Early 2014 With 64-Bit Exynos, Flexible Display, Aluminum Chassis

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,722
Points 1,208,955
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Fri, Nov 29 2013 11:06 AM
Although owners of the new-ish Samsung Galaxy S4 may still be swooning over the popular smartphone, the successor to Samsung’s flagship phone is already in the works. A new report has emerged that pegs the Samsung Galaxy S5’s release for March of 2014, with mass production beginning in January.

It will come in two variants, one with an aluminum and a bendable OLED display, and another sporting the same sort of plastic body we’re used to seeing from Samsung. Other reports indicate that the aluminum S5 will rock a 64-bit Exynos processor while the plastic version will have a Qualcomm Snapdragon processor inside.

Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S4, about to be supplanted

The device is also rumored to sport a 2k display, 16MP camera, and Android 4.4 (KitKat), and Samsung may also release an updated version of its Galaxy Gear smartwatch along with it.
  • | Post Points: 95
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Points 55

It won't be out so soon. The S4 hasn't even been out that long

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 634
Points 5,700
ForumsAdministrator
RWilliams replied on Fri, Nov 29 2013 3:02 PM

I'm interested in everything except the flexible display. Still just strikes me as nothing more than a forthcoming fad.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 126
Points 945

Hopefully it comes sooner rather than later. I want a Nexus 5 soooo bad, but it's not available on VZW. at least I could get this GS5 with similar/better hardware, root it and add cyanogen.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 117
Points 370
kalqlate replied on Fri, Nov 29 2013 8:26 PM

Samsung continues to push the envelope. I'm about to get a Note 3, but I'm already fawning over the Note 4 just imagining its unknown specs and new functionality. Haha... I'm really hoping that it will retain its thinness but will have a secondary e-reader display on the back as a recent Russian phone has innovated.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,849
Points 45,900
rapid1 replied on Fri, Nov 29 2013 10:03 PM

Yeah who knows though I will say this much My G4 was rooted and then I put a slimmed stock rom on it about 2 months ago. Then one day I got notification of an official ROM update so I bit and have not been able to get it to reroot since every version of SU, SuperSU or plain superuser won't install LOKI nothing I have tried has stuck permanently. Of course I have been to busy to mess with it for any extended period of time yet (I also am not much for Cyanogen but like several other roms (I have 3 on the SD card and have tried them through recovery, ROM manager, and TWRP, as well as ODIN and LOKI all with no permanent luck yet). Maybe I will try again while I am off for Thanksgiving weekend and it will work who knows.

ASUS Z87C
i7-4770K
Xonar DGX
Intel Gigabit CT
Geforce GTX 770 4GB
G.Skill X1600/1754 2x8GB 7/8/8/24
Not Ranked
Posts 40
Points 305

never understood why ppl went for the S4 over the S3 which I still have as it was an evolution not a new phone in looks or specs over the older phone...im glad I waited for the S5!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS