Asus Plans 2014 Release Of Monitors Using NVIDIA's G-SYNC Technology

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,368
Points 1,191,900
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Fri, Oct 18 2013 5:39 PM
Don't look now, but Asus and NVIDIA just tied another knot. The two have quite the storied history of working together, and today, they've announced that Asus will be adopting NVIDIA's G-SYNC technology. It'll be primary used in Asus' next-gen monitor lineup, and if you aren't familiar with G-SYNC, take a listen. It's intended to synchronize the monitor's refresh rate to the GPU's render rate, enabling images to be displayed the moment that they are rendered. The end result? Smoother gameplay, sharper images, and the elimination of onscreen tearing, stuttering, and latency.

Here's the pitch: "G-SYNC technology includes an NVIDIA G-SYNC module that requires integration into monitors, as well as hardware and software incorporated into its Kepler-based GPUs. It removes the need to use older technologies such as V-Sync, which can eliminate tearing but can increase latency and stuttering during gameplay. G-SYNC eliminates this trade-off leading to an uncompromised PC gaming experience." Sounds enticing, no?

As it turns out, NVIDIA and Asus have been working on this partnership for around a year, and it's hoping to deliver monitors to market in early 2014. Asus also plans to release a G-SYNC-enhanced VG248QE gaming monitor in the first half of 2014 with pricing set at $399 in North America.
  • | Post Points: 110
Not Ranked
Posts 50
Points 395

Saw 4 brands listed, seems like it's an additional 100-129$ for models with it.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 31
Points 260
Mattos replied on Fri, Oct 18 2013 6:18 PM

Pretty cool technology.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,034
Points 9,625
sevags replied on Fri, Oct 18 2013 8:19 PM

Sounds good but let's wait for some HH testing.. This might be one of those things that sound good on paper but offers no noticeable difference in the real world tests. For that much of a price premium you could a higher end graphics card.

Not Ranked
Posts 78
Points 520

You can get a 2560 X 1440 27" monitor from monoprice for $389. If i was to get a new monitor and spend $400, that'd be it.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 97
Points 1,005
KOwen replied on Sat, Oct 19 2013 12:49 PM

^ just bought me one. love it!

Not Ranked
Posts 50
Points 400

Glad there's innovation in more than just how many pixels you can squeeze in. We shall see if, as swvgs mentioned, this is worth the premium in the real world.

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 35
Nexovus replied on Mon, Dec 2 2013 3:53 PM

I am very interested to see how this actually works, if it really does what it claims to do (which would be fantastic). A HUGE thing for me is the jumping of edges on the screen as I turn, screen tearing etc. I feel like first person shooters are 5x more enjoyable with a truly fluid picture :)

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS