LG G Flex Stretches Its Curved 6-inch OLED Display to Show Up Galaxy Round

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 24,918
Points 1,117,845
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Mon, Oct 14 2013 9:35 AM
After all the hype surrounding flexible, unbreakable, and curved displays, we're finally seeing a portion of those promises headed to retail. Last week, for example, Samsung announced the Galaxy Round with a 5.7-inch Full HD Super AMOLED curved display. Not to be outdone, press photos of LG's upcoming Flex G with a 6-inch OLED curved panel have been leaked to the web.

Several sites have confirmed the LG G Flex is real, including The Verge, which claims that LG is hoping to launch its curvaceous smartphone sometime in November, after Google's Nexus 5 launches.

LG G Flex

Details are mostly non-existent at this point, such as the remaining hardware, price, which market the G Flex will make its debut in, and so forth. One thing that's interesting, however, is that the pictures reveal a curved design from top-to-bottom, as opposed to left-to-right like the Galaxy Round.

LG G Flex Front
LG G Flex Side

In any event, LG will feature a bigger display than the Galaxy Round at launch, though it remains to be seen which phone will boast superior specs all around. All we have to go on right now are specs for the Galaxy Round, which include a quad-core 2.3GHz MSM 8974 Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 (Krait) processor, 3GB of RAM, 32GB of onboard storage, 13MP rear-facing camera with autofocus and flash, and 2MP front-facing camera.
  • | Post Points: 80
Not Ranked
Posts 25
Points 245
TimmSinnen replied on Mon, Oct 14 2013 10:42 AM

Remember when we were moving AWAY from curved screens? heh...

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 197
Points 2,095
Paul_Lilly replied on Mon, Oct 14 2013 10:52 AM

I think these devices will have limited appeal. Plus, they're going to make for some interesting bulges in pants pockets.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 901
Points 8,345
sevags replied on Mon, Oct 14 2013 11:30 AM

I don't like it. I like Samsungs model better where in portrait mode the curve is horizontal while LG's is vertical. We have seen vertically curved phones before (from LG actually) though it was just curved glass. Horizontally vertical is clearly the way to go as most people spend more time in portrait more than in landscape, better comfort up to the ear, and would fit well in the pocket while LG's design will cause an uncomfortable bulge.

Not Ranked
Posts 52
Points 510
BurntChz replied on Mon, Oct 14 2013 1:24 PM

Maybe LG is going for the skinny jean wearing market. I don't know how many times I've seen a girl wearing painted on jeans with some big chunky phone squeezed into her back pocket. All I can think of is, 'You spent how much for those pants to show off your figure? ...and you stick a brick in your back pocket and think that looks good?' :)

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 331
Points 2,415

Having a large and FLEXIBLE screened phone would be cool. Cueved and inflexible would not make sense.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 216
Points 2,135
SmogHog replied on Tue, Oct 15 2013 8:37 PM

"Is that a flexible screen phone in your pocket or are you just glad to see me"

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS