More Than the Sum of Its Parts, Google's Moto X Breaks Ground For Smartphone Functionality [Video]

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,110
Points 1,183,840
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Mon, Sep 2 2013 3:48 PM
Designed and assembled here in the good ol' USA, Google's Motorola Mobility division definitely made headlines with the introduction of the Moto X smartphone.  This device is the fruits of the first joint effort between the two companies since Google snapped up the division last year in an effort to drive a deeper stake securing a foothold in the smartphone hardware market.  On the surface, the Moto X's somewhat bland spec list consisting of a only a 720p display and dual-core processor may be uninspiring to some.  However, what Motorola baked into the Moto X were additional compute engines, features and functionality that you won't find in any other smartphone on the market currently. 

From the Moto X's active notification messaging system, to its natural language control interface, after just a few minutes with the device, you begin to realize it offers more than the typical Android smartphone experience.  In fact, it could be said that Moto X is actually much more than just the sum of its parts.
We designed our own Moto X at the Moto Maker App store, courtesy of our friends at AT&T and we've been sweating hard to finish up our full review.  However, we thought we'd tease our video review first to give you a sense of what we have on the way for you this coming week.

We're pulling together our full analysis with benchmark numbers, camera performance and battery life, so be sure to catch us later this week as we reveal the full monty with the Moto X.

Our full review and analysis is on the way, later this week... 
  • | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 999
Points 9,255
sevags replied on Mon, Sep 2 2013 10:54 PM

I can't wait for the review I really want to see the battery numbers and in-depth thoughts on the build material. I really like the customization I hope this feature is at least carried on by Moto but would be nice if others jumped on board.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 78
Points 520

Soooo its a nexus 4 in a different skin with a dual core instead of a quad core....not impressed. Better be under $200 or its a sure fail.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,566
Points 54,740
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Dave_HH replied on Tue, Sep 3 2013 10:08 AM

It has a bit more going on than the Nexus 4.

Editor In Chief
http://hothardware.com

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,474
Points 47,055
ForumsAdministrator

That was a great video, Dave, and I'm impressed with the phone and looking forward to the full review. Last month you mentioned how much you liked the Galaxy Active and I'm curious to know if you are as impressed by this Moto X!

SPAM-posters beware! ®

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS