Samsung to Unveil Galaxy Gear Smartwatch Line September 4

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,110
Points 1,183,915
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Tue, Aug 27 2013 10:13 AM
So called smart watches might be the next frontier in mobile. Sony is already there, we've heard Apple is working on an iWatch design, and not to be forgotten, Samsung is planning to join the fray as well. The South Korean electronics company is reportedly gearing up to show off its first smart watch design in Berlin, Germany next week, just ahead of IFA.

Lee Young-hee, executive vice president of Samsung's mobile business, told The Korea Times in an interview that its smart watch design will be called Galaxy Gear and that it won't use a flexible display.

Samsung Galaxy Gear

"We will be introducing a new wearable concept device called Galaxy Gear at our own event in Berlin on September 4," Lee said. "The Gear won't have a flexible display. The new device will enhance and enrich the current smart mobile experience in many ways."

Whether or not consumers flock to smart watches from companies like Samsung and Apple is still up in the air since neither firm has yet offered one. Samsung, however, is confident that its Galaxy Gear will "add meaningful momentum to the mobile industry."
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 616
Points 5,535
ForumsAdministrator
RWilliams replied on Tue, Aug 27 2013 11:27 AM

I've been wrong in the past, but I just don't see the appeal here. I can't imagine that people who don't already wear watches now will end up adopting these... people who tend to wear watches do so usually for style or for sports - and a smart watch would really only benefit the latter here.

I already have a smartphone in my pocket, so I don't really want to -wear- something that can to much of the same thing, just on a much smaller screen.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS