Valve Arms Deal Update Revamps Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Arsenal

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,111
Points 1,184,100
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Wed, Aug 14 2013 3:26 PM
We’ll say this for Valve: it’s done an admirable job of keeping Counter-Strike fans coming back for the past 13 years. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive put more than a fresh paint job on everyone’s favorite maps and inspired many former players to give the game another look. Now, Valve is spicing things up again with the Arms Deal Update, which will be dropping collectible weapons into games.

Valve Launches New Gun Collections For CS:GO

Before we get any further into this, we should clear up any confusion: the CS:GO Arms Deal weapons don’t affect gameplay. They don’t have any properties that are different from the weapons that you’re using now. Rather, they’re decorated versions of existing guns. There are multiple collections.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Weapons

So, how exactly, do you get them? As things kick off with the Arms Deal update, the most common way to get them will be to pick up a gun as it drops in-game. Drops are timed to appear as you play during the week, and drops will slow as you spend more time playing. Guns will sometimes drop in cases, which must be opened with a key. You can also acquire guns by trading them or outright buying them on the Steam Marketplace. Valve is putting a portion of proceeds from purchases of eSports case keys toward prize purses for CS:GO eSport events.

New Decorations Come To CS:GO on Steam

Also, Valve used the update to add M4A1-S and USP-S weapons (the S designates silencer-equipped). Time to get some bling for your CS:GO arsenal.
  • | Post Points: 95
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 358
Points 2,565

I tried playing the CS line and I just couldn't get into it. I guess this is cool for existing players. Maybe I should try again.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 96
Points 625

I haven't played CS:GO lately so now you get to keep your weapons? I thought you bought a package from your merc money you earned the previous match. or were lucky enough to start w/ some petty cash from your gov't or terrorist faction...(first match)

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

This has to be the worst up date! I enjoy CS:GO for the competitive aspect of the game. It is simple and comes down to good team work and aiming to win matches. This patch changes nothing that matters and only adds skins for people to waste time and collect them. the silenced M4a1 is kinda OP and cheaper then the reg M4a1. The cheaper value throws off games. 200 money doesn't seem like a lot but after 3 rounds 600 money could cause a team to have to save. keep in mind CS GO competitive matches are 30 rounds 15 on each side, first to 16 wins. Welcome to team fortress: global offensive.

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Points 30
ColezSky replied on Wed, Aug 14 2013 11:55 PM

Good thing it's not going free to play.. But really? We're paying for the game so we can pay for more things in game?? This is why dead space 3 wasn't successful

Not Ranked
Posts 30
Points 195

Those skins

Absolutly disgusting

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20

What's next? hats?

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 730
Points 5,865
Clixxer replied on Thu, Aug 15 2013 1:55 PM

Well considering CS:GO was $15 when it came out (which I thought was awesome) they are gonna make some cash on the backend with micro transactions. Same as TF2.

My rig - I7-4770K, ASUS Z87-A Mobo, 16 GB Corsair Ram, AMD 7990 GPU, CoolIT AiO Cooler, NZXT H630

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS