Latest Razer Naga Gaming Mouse Features Mechanical Switches, Updated Ergonomics

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,804
Points 1,164,150
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Tue, Jul 30 2013 2:14 PM
Razer’s Naga gaming mouse has proven popular with MMO gamers since its release in 2009, but the company announced today that it has improved on the design. The new Razer Naga has the same 12-button grid on the thumb side of the mouse, but now those buttons feature mechanical switches, which are designed to enhance “tactility, speed, and actuation assurance”.

The mouse has also been given a new shape, which is broader and offers a gentler down-slope which is designed to offer reduced fatigue and a better overall grip, and the scroll wheel has tilt-click functionality, so gamers can use it to click in and out as well as left and right. Users can also use the Naga’s configurator software in-game, so they don’t have to exit a game to make adjustments.

Razer Naga Gaming Mouse

Razer is also producing a left-handed version of the Naga, which it says it’s doing at a financial loss.

Razer Naga Gaming Mouse

Razer Naga Gaming Mouse

Other features of the mouse include an 8200 dpi 4G laser sensor, 1000Hz Ultrapolling, enabled Razer Synapse 2.0, green backlighting, up to 200 inches per second/50g max acceleration, and zero-acoustic Ultraslick mouse feet.

It’s available worldwide today at a cost of $79.99 USD.
  • | Post Points: 110
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 411
Points 3,115

1st :D! But anyways i love the design and features of this mouse but its the feel of it what i'm concerned about.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 257
Points 3,190
Jaybk26 replied on Tue, Jul 30 2013 3:48 PM

I have an older Razer Naga with only two buttons, but it's the most responsive mouse I've ever used.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 730
Points 5,865
Clixxer replied on Tue, Jul 30 2013 4:55 PM

While I love my Logitech MX518, every time I see a new and improved mouse come out is how much I realize I need to upgrade sooner rather than later. Pretty awesome to put mechanical switches for the buttons. I would have never thought about doing that and since I got my first mechanical keyboard this year I could never go back to anything else.

My rig - I7-4770K, ASUS Z87-A Mobo, 16 GB Corsair Ram, AMD 7990 GPU, CoolIT AiO Cooler, NZXT H630

Not Ranked
Posts 71
Points 580
Jun replied on Tue, Jul 30 2013 6:02 PM

I currently have a Naga Hex. It has more buttons than I need, but I liked the size of it. Every time Razer comes out with a new mouse I have an urge to buy it even though my mouse is working perfectly fine. This one looks like the Naga and the Taipan had a baby

Not Ranked
Posts 8
Points 70
Draconian replied on Tue, Jul 30 2013 7:12 PM

I wish they'd make a smaller version of the Naga for people like myself who use a claw grip. They make a compact mouse called the Orochi, but it only has a few extra buttons. If they made a mouse sized between an Orochi and a Naga, with 2 or 3 times as many buttons as the Orochi, I would buy that.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 608
Points 5,495
ForumsAdministrator
RWilliams replied on Tue, Jul 30 2013 10:14 PM

I'm not left-handed, but I smile anytime a peripheral vendor actually cares enough to release a special product for those who are. I'd hate to be a left-handed person because of this issue.

Not Ranked
Posts 30
Points 225

Clixxer theres a reason why you still and I come to think of it haha have the MX518...see those buttons...that's where your thumb goes...unless your ambidextrous buttons should be on the keyboard!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 730
Points 5,865
Clixxer replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 10:36 AM

Well ThundercatMan I really don't play MMOs anymore so I think the Naga would be overkill but I would like something updated with a couple more buttons and DPI. MX518 is a great mouse (Hence my Logitech still supports it 2 years after production was disconnected) but it is definitely getting long in the tooth.

My rig - I7-4770K, ASUS Z87-A Mobo, 16 GB Corsair Ram, AMD 7990 GPU, CoolIT AiO Cooler, NZXT H630

Not Ranked
Posts 33
Points 195

I have the 3500dpi Deathadder, with the blue LEDs. I wonder how the new generation of these Razer mice hold up compared to their predecessors. I might just buy a 2013 deathadder.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS