eBay Now Lands On The Desktop, Get Your Goods In About An Hour

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,685
Points 1,155,800
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Tue, Jul 23 2013 1:38 PM
eBay Now is a shopping service that allows users to buy items online and have them delivered to your door by eBay’s “shopping valets” in about an hour. Deliveries can be made to homes, offices, or even wherever someone's hanging out, such as a bar, and it only costs $5.

Until now, the service has only available as an iOS app, but eBay is rolling out eBay Now to the desktop, as well. From your web browser, you can search or browse through inventory at a number of local stores, including Target, Urban Outfitters, RadioShack, Walgreens, Macy’s, Home Depot, and more. You simply add what you want to your shopping cart and pay with PayPal or a credit card.

eBay Now, now on the desktop

The service is still severely limited to certain locales, although a few more areas are available. Residents of San Jose, San Francisco, the SF peninsula, and Queens and Brooklyn in New York City are the only ones who can take advantage of eBay Now for the time being.

Still, it’s progress, so it’s likely that we’ll see eBay Now available in more cities soon.
  • | Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 346
Points 2,505

I think this is an awesome service. I know I hate having to wait for items to be shipped to me. I hour more companies can start offering this kind of service.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 536
Points 4,485
ajm531 replied on Wed, Jul 24 2013 1:01 AM

Yes come to san antonio asap!!! i do wonder how this will compare to googles service as they were testing the waters with some sort of similar service.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 730
Points 5,865
Clixxer replied on Wed, Jul 24 2013 4:26 PM

Didn't someone else try to come up with this using couriers in bigger areas already? Or was that eBay I was thinking of.

My rig - I7-4770K, ASUS Z87-A Mobo, 16 GB Corsair Ram, AMD 7990 GPU, CoolIT AiO Cooler, NZXT H630

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS