Creator Of Classic Police Quest Series Taps Kickstarter To Fund New Project: Precinct

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,746
Points 1,210,155
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Tue, Jul 16 2013 3:06 PM
Jim Walls and Robert Lindsley, both formerly of Sierra Games where they helped birth Police Quest, are returning to the well to create a new police adventure game called Precinct. The team is raising funds on Kickstarter to finance the project.

Set in Fraser Canyon, California, Precinct will offer “real life” police situations such as shootouts, car chases, arrests, and so on, as officer Maxwell Jones moves up the ranks to fight corruption in the town. The first person-perspective game will have choose-your-own-adventure type actions, but it will also feature action gameplay, such as hand-to-hand combat and investigations.

Precinct gameplay screenshot
Gameplay screenshot

Precinct concept art
Gameplay concept art

There’s a demo in the Kickstarter video that starts at about 4:30, and it shows how Precinct will have that feel of modern-day mechanics and movement but with a hand-drawn aesthetic.

Precinct will be available as a digital download on PCs and Macs, and it’s also slated for platforms such as Steam. The funds they raise will all go to the game, as they’ll be eschewing a traditional publisher relationship. If they hit the $700k mark, they develop a Linux version of the game, and should they be so lucky to top $800k, they say they’ll roll it out for iOS, Android, XBLA, and PSN, too.
  • | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,798
Points 40,665
Inspector replied on Tue, Jul 16 2013 3:55 PM

Im sitting here thinking how does google glasses play a role in this... lol Wrong video? xD

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 84
Points 775
timaeus replied on Tue, Jul 16 2013 4:02 PM

Sweet! It's nice to see all these Sierra classics being revitalized via Kickstarter. I haven't played the Leisure Suit Larry reboot yet, but looking forward to it, and especially the Space Quest one.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 635
Points 5,705
ForumsAdministrator
RWilliams replied on Tue, Jul 16 2013 4:50 PM

That crazy Seth, seeing if anyone would notice ;-)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 635
Points 5,705
ForumsAdministrator
RWilliams replied on Tue, Jul 16 2013 4:51 PM

Yup, we need more of this. More Sierra classics resurrected, to be specific. I hate to admit that I never played much of the Police Quest series, but I'm definitely interested to see how this game works out.

Not Ranked
Posts 36
Points 240
dnw1962 replied on Tue, Jul 16 2013 8:34 PM

A reboot of the Kings Quest series would be great too!!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 541
Points 4,525
ajm531 replied on Wed, Jul 17 2013 12:52 AM

he fixed it cause im seeing a video about this precint game. Im really hoping it hits its goal because this looks like a fantastic game for mobile.

Not Ranked
Posts 82
Points 635

Holy Crap Oakhurst is like 20 minutes from here and I drive through there for work during the winter months. Never knew that was home of Sierra and so many games I had fun playing.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS