HP Envy Rove 20 Mobile All-In-One Wanders to Retail Sunday Starting at $980

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,866
Points 1,172,240
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Fri, Jul 12 2013 12:06 AM
We're starting to see mobile all-in-one (AIO) systems emerge in the marketplace, and in case you missed it, check out evaluation of Dell's XPS 18. Dell isn't the only system builder getting in on the action, however, as HP's Envy Rove 20 is headed to retail this Sunday with a bigger screen than the XPS 18 and Intel's Haswell platform inside starting at $980.

Mobile AIOs are full-fledged systems with detachable displays that function a large-size tablet. The idea isn't to tote around a 20-inch display around town, but for tabletop computing or catching up with your Facebook feed from bed, to list a couple of real-world uses.

HP Envy Rove 20

HP's Envy Rove 20 features a 20-inch IPS HD+ display with 10-point touch support, an Intel Core i3 processor (Haswell), Intel HD 4400 graphics, 4GB of DDR3 RAM, 1TB solid state hybrid drive with 8GB of cache, three USB 3.0 ports, 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.0, flash card slot, front-firing speakers with Beast Audio, and of course Windows 8.

There's a  "Rotation Button" so that you can spin the screen to portrait mode. Whether as a tablet or PC, HP says you can expect over three hours of run time. It also comes with a wireless keyboard and mouse.

You can order the HP Envy Rove 20 online starting July 14th, or shop one from Best Buy a week later on July 21st.
  • | Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
Posts 78
Points 520

I hate myself for actually kinda wanting an all in one now.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 30
Points 195

its ugly but for a gen 1 type product i guess its ok tho it looks like a phone for gaints

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 10

As useful as it maybe I'm still holding onto my love of traditional desktops.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 541
Points 4,510
ajm531 replied on Sat, Jul 13 2013 9:43 PM

i get what your saying but its not meant to be a phone in any way. Just a all in one device as they are known. It is though a tablet for giants. " but for tabletop computing or catching up with your Facebook feed from bed, to list a couple of real-world uses." i guess i kind of get the tabletop computing but still not that useful. Also catching up with your facebook feed from bed is not a real world use. Who is going to use such a big device in their bed just to check facebook. A 7-10 inch tablet will more than suffice. Never have or anyone else i know told me " you know i wish i could take my monitor to my bed with me and check facebook" If anyone has felt that please share.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 541
Points 4,510
ajm531 replied on Sat, Jul 13 2013 9:46 PM

i kind of do too but if i was ever going to lay cash down for something like this i would want the one that can almost seamlessly switch between android and windows 8.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS