ASUS’ Premiere NVIDIA GPU is the GeForce GTX 780 DirectCU II OC

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,334
Points 1,191,055
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Tue, Jul 9 2013 12:46 PM
ASUS introduced a new highest-end graphics card to its NVIDIA-based lineup with the GeForce GTX 780 DirectCU II OC. The card features an NVIDIA GK110-300 GPU and has 2304 CUDA cores, 3GB of GDDR5 video memory, 941MHz engine clock, and a 384-bit interface.

Designed for optimal cooling with as little noise as possible, the GeForce GTX 780 DirectCU II OC features 10mm copper heatpipes in direct contact with the GPU, custom PCB and heatsink, and CoolTech fan technology with a hybrid blade and bearing design that’s ostensibly enables more effective multi-directional airflow.

ASUS GeForce GTX 780 DirectCU II OC graphics card

Available ports include dual-link DVI-I, dual-link DVI-D, HDMI, and DisplayPort 1.2, and ASUS GPU Tweak is on board. ASUS did not announce a price, but the card will ship this week.
  • | Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
Posts 10
Points 65

Not bad but the EVGA GTX classified with ACX cooler is clocked at 993MHZ base clock. This asus card is equal to an EVGA superclocked card....maybe

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 23
Points 265
turtle replied on Wed, Jul 10 2013 12:50 AM

Has anyone noticed the majority of these overclocked skus are doing the same thing?

Say a chip like 760 which is 980/1033/1130-1150 for base, average, and max...where max is in reality the median under load.

The base clock really means nothing...the clock you use really is the median (it's the highest clock in this example where on a 760 980/1033 are advertised). It's a clever trick to make the chips at stock faster than they appear on paper.

The grand majority of overclocked skus simply use the median clock as the second number...marketed as the boost clock (the more honest 'average' on a stock sku) and step up the median clock proportionally to the original quoted ratios...not unlike upping a multiplier on a cpu.

In effect, the real performance gain is far less than what it would appear, and probably gives insight into how the gpus are binned when taking boost into account.

Not Ranked
Posts 82
Points 635

I would love to be able to afford something in this range of performance. Ah I can still dream of the good old bachelor days when I could spend money on pc parts!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS