Shortcuts

Nintendo CEO: 90 Percent of New Gamers Unable to Finish Level 1-1 in Original Super Mario Bros

rated by 0 users
This post has 105 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

totall bullcrap but still, it makes you think. Games have gotten a lot easier since the days on NES. ah, nostalgia...

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

Eve online players the lot of them.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

I hope your mentally challenged. Because what you said made no *** sense. First time anyone that plays Mario.. we try buttons first..A jump OK GOT IT. B run... OK GOT IT. Beating 1-1 world takes less that 10min for a beginner player.. where the hell you got the 30-40min... who the *** knows. Try to remember your childhood.. unless you had some issues with you god dam finger.. no way.. it takes that long..

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

I'd do my own study..... 25 gamers and let's say 5 non-gamers (I don't wanna be waiting all day for them to finish) & see just how they fair. Though, I have see those non-gamers (like my sister, the most non-gamer ever) kick some serious @ss at complex games. But I do believe that most games are getting easier.... It's the controllers that are becoming difficult. Especially with the way Nintendo shapes there controllers.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

I see many good points from a lot of people; however, I think the problem (of the games being too easy) is easily solved with difficulty levels and an in-game explanation of what each difficulty represents. The new gamers could love and play the game on a 'casual' difficulty while the veteran gamers can enjoy a much harder difficulty level that we came to love from the first two generations of Nintendo consoles.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

You say "as were others" excuse me by WHAT OTHERS? You were the only idiots who could not see the forest for the trees.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

I resent that SemHamblok, I'm a girl and I'm no noob. But I agree, whoever they signed up for this might not have known what they were getting themselves into.

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 40

I can't either! I am so used to the 3rd dimension of of most game's now!

Not Ranked
Posts 45
Points 355

._.

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 20
KDelphi replied on Fri, Jul 12 2013 2:54 AM

uhhh bullshit

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 15

For those wondering, the article (and website) is satirical in nature, like The Onion.

It's not real, folks. Funny, but not real

Not Ranked
Posts 10
Points 50

And people wonder why I can consistently whip them in video games... My bad for growing up in the era of difficult games?

And yes, I get the joke...

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 25

This should be a real study using pacman and finding the average amount of levels beat per 3 lives. I bet that would end disappointingly.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 15

Not a surprise at all. Modern gamers think Demon's Souls is extremely hard. Lol

Not Ranked
Posts 8
Points 40

LOL too much COD? xD

Not Ranked
Posts 18
Points 70

I can finish this Mario version even without the multiple life cheat.. hehe .. and yep.. I'm good with Pac-Man too :P

Not Ranked
Posts 18
Points 70

Yea.. games back then are pretty hard core.. shows no mercy... no guides, no game genie.. just gotta figure it out..

Not Ranked
Posts 8
Points 40

Those noobs!

Not Ranked
Posts 11
Points 70

... I hope that's a joke.

Not Ranked
Posts 10
Points 50

Game genie... you can't even use something like that in today's games though. Most games don't have cheat codes anymore and companies have started putting disclaimers that state the use of such devices constitutes a breach of EULAs and can result in getting your account banned from Xbox Live and PSN.

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Points 75
AStroup replied on Fri, Jul 12 2013 2:54 AM

I thought this was supposed to be a joke that stupid people took seriously.

Not Ranked
Posts 12
Points 60

Your point is Charles?

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 10

that is pretty sad

Not Ranked
Posts 21
Points 165

Wow.. That is seriously sad if it's true. I was burning through this at 5 years old! (No, seriously. I got my first Nintendo in 1985, and was playing this as one of the first games I ever experienced.)

Not Ranked
Posts 17
Points 100

i sure am glad i was one of the few that was able to beat the entire game in one day nevertheless it is a great classic game and i still try to play it from time to time these days

Not Ranked
Posts 17
Points 100

oh and before i forget @SemHamblok i think your statement about girls and gaming is kind of rude seeing as they could most likely beat you at any game you may play so watch out gamer girls gonna get ya hahaha

Page 3 of 3 (106 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS