Windows Blue Officially Windows 8.1, Coming As Free Update Via MS App Store

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,410
Points 1,192,965
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Tue, May 14 2013 2:25 PM
After much speculation and a slew of rumors surrounding the update to Windows 8, Microsoft's Tami Reller told Reuters that it’s official: the update, which had been codenamed “Windows Blue”, will be called “Windows 8.1”.

Windows 8.1 is coming later this year, with a preview coming at Microsoft’s BUILD conference in late June, and it will be available as a free update to Windows 8 and Windows RT via the app store.

Windows 8.1

Windows 8 has suffered through a fairly lackluster debut, with plenty of critics voicing their opinions, and even for those who do like the new OS, there’s little debate that Windows 8 could use a shot in the arm. What exactly Blue--er, Windows 8.1 will entail remains a mystery, we believe that if nothing else, Microsoft will bring back the Start button.
  • | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,695
Points 104,425
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Tue, May 14 2013 7:52 PM

Free update sounds good to me. Now, depending on the return of the start button, they may be back on track.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 16
Points 140
KDaniels replied on Wed, May 15 2013 8:29 AM

Really good move if they bring back the old start bar. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the new start bar. I found it pleasant on tablet devices... Just not feeling it in the desktop environment.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 730
Points 5,865
Clixxer replied on Wed, May 15 2013 2:57 PM

Im just happy its free. Ill be upgrading on my laptop to test it out and if I can get the start button/menu along with boot into desktop not metro ill switch over my desktop. Hopefully 8.1 will get developers to support windows 8 fully finally assuming it fixed the "issues".

My rig - I7-4770K, ASUS Z87-A Mobo, 16 GB Corsair Ram, AMD 7990 GPU, CoolIT AiO Cooler, NZXT H630

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS