Google Allows Gmail To Prompt Calendar Invites From Body Text

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,345
Points 1,191,260
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Thu, May 2 2013 10:22 PM
Great news for avid users of Google's communications suite. At long last, Google has added the ability for Gmail bodies to trigger Google Calendar invites. Starting today, dates and times within emails are lightly underlined: click them to schedule that conference call or lunch date without ever leaving Gmail. When you click on one of these underlined dates, you’ll be able to preview your schedule for the day and change the title, date or time of the event. Clicking “Add to Calendar” will do exactly that -- add the event to your calendar, and for extra convenience, the calendar event will include a link back to the original email.

Everyone who uses Gmail on the US English setting should see the feature within the next week or so, while others will need to continue doing things the manual way -- for a short while, anyway.
  • | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 619
Points 5,260

Wow. I have been using a little script to do that for the longest time. Last gmail change broke it again and I became too lazy to fix it since it is a feature I rarely use. Glad they are finally doing it.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 354
Points 3,075

This is looking really cool! I would definitely use this... hopefully it is actually well implemented

PC Specs:

• AMD Athlon 64 x2 6400+  Cooled by a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus (push-pull)
  • 2GB DDR2
  • MSI Radeon HD 6450 2GB
  • Stock Dell motherboard
  • 250Gb HDD
  • XFX Pro Core edition 650W PSU
  • Stock Dell inspiron case

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS