Holy Hot Cup of Coffee, Tim Cook Charity Auction Blows Past Record

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,841
Points 1,169,975
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Sat, Apr 27 2013 11:19 PM
How much would you be willing to donate to a charity auction to sit down for a cup of coffee with Apple CEO Tim Cook? If your answer is anything less than $605,000, then we regret to inform you that you're out of the running. The current winning bid now stands at $600,000 and the company handling the auction, Charity Buzz, requires the next bid to be at least $5,000 higher.

Apparently there's no shortage of wealthy individuals who have some burning questions they'd like to ask Apple's chief. When we first reported on the auction last week, the high bid sat at $180,000 with 19 days left to go, putting Cook in good position to make run at former U.S. President Bill Clinton as the person to bring in the most fundraising dollars in the history of Charity Buzz. That record stood at $255,000.

Tim Cook

Cook's auction has more than doubled the previous record, and there's still more than two weeks to go. Proceeds from the auction will go to The Robert F. Kennedy Center for Justice and Human Rights, and the most expensive cup of coffee in the world will go to the person who ultimately wins the auction.

These are interesting times for Cook. It was recently rumored that Apple's Board of Directors might be looking for a new captain, but then Apple reported another successful quarter in which the Cupertino outfit made a net profit of $9.5 billion. Fickle investors who at times seemed impossible to please reacted positively to the news; Apple's share price is up around $19 since reporting its most recent financial statement.
  • | Post Points: 65
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 619
Points 5,260

If you are that rich, couldnt you just go meet the guy at the rich people club house?

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 37
Points 425

Haha, If it were only that easy. But this auction does let you have one on one time with the CEO of one of the biggest companies ever. So I guess that is worth a nearly a million dollars to the super wealthy...

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 187
Points 2,015
Johnny3D replied on Sun, Apr 28 2013 6:43 PM

My guess is that whoever it is that wins this bid expects that they'll profit enormously from the sit down with him... and they just might. WAY outside of what I could afford to bid for a sit down meeting like that.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 730
Points 5,865
Clixxer replied on Sun, Apr 28 2013 8:47 PM

At that amount of money it has to be a wife or something of someone rich wanting to give to charity and might not care about the coffee with Tim Cook. At this point I hope it gets bid up for the charity behind it and the person sends whoever in their family likes Windows or Android the most just to mess with him.

My rig - I7-4770K, ASUS Z87-A Mobo, 16 GB Corsair Ram, AMD 7990 GPU, CoolIT AiO Cooler, NZXT H630

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 541
Points 4,510
ajm531 replied on Mon, Apr 29 2013 12:17 AM

well at least its for a good cause. its just sometimes these things bother me. It just seems so selfish and self centered. I know it goes to charity but why could tim cook as rich as he is at least match it or just make the donation himself and offer someone to have coffe or tea with him for free thru a random drawing or something. I know hes the ceo of apple and all and honestly i would like to meet him but still i mean really who has 600,000$ just to have coffe with some rich white guy??

Not Ranked
Posts 28
Points 200
SNeese replied on Mon, Apr 29 2013 5:41 PM

Some people have too much money. Waaaaaaaaay too much money.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS