Iron Man 3 Coming To Japan in 4DX Reality Theater

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,886
Points 1,173,720
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Thu, Apr 18 2013 4:40 PM
Watching films in 3D is what you might call “neat” (if you can stomach the nausea and endure the headaches), but a theater in Nagoya, Japan has a 4DX theater that takes the immersive theater-going experience several steps further by incorporating fourth dimension effects such as strobe lights, seats that jostle and vibrate, fog and “lightning”, and even smells, all of which are designed to sync with the film you’re watching and enhance the overall experience.

The first film to get the 4DX treatment at the theater will be Iron Man 3. “It was really a matter of timing that Iron Man became the first title for 4DX in Japan,” company spokesman Tagiki Ishiguro told The Hollywood Reporter. “Though we were looking for a blockbuster action film, as that is what works best with the system.” The CJ Group is behind the whole production.

Iron Man 3

The 4DX theater plans to show about 12 titles a year in 4D, and the system is already in place at several locales around the world, including China, South Korea, Thailand, Russia, Mexico, Israel, and South America. Stow your passports, though, because the CJ Group is bringing 4DX to the U.S. sometime this year and plans to outfit about 200 theaters with the technology over the next five years.
  • | Post Points: 95
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
TKharat replied on Thu, Apr 18 2013 5:21 PM

osame

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 619
Points 5,260

Sounds like that ride in Universal Studios... you watch a clip, seat goes up and down.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 358
Points 2,565

It sounds like a simulator. Should be a hit.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 25

Well, unless the dimensional concepts have been altered all of a sudden to please the low-information, poorly educated public, the last time I checked the 'fourth dimension' was time, thus, the experience described in this article as 4DX is actually quasi-realistic 3D or sensorially-enhanced 3D. In order for the experience to be fourth dimensional the theaters would have to be time machines, i.e. capable of traveling through time forward and backwards, I am certain that this is not the case.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 541
Points 4,510
ajm531 replied on Fri, Apr 19 2013 12:39 AM

lol at frankanglachel. Honestly todays businesses will skewer the real meaning of any word. But this sounds mmmmmmmm not quite but intriguing to say the least. Im curious as to how much something like that cost

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 730
Points 5,865
Clixxer replied on Fri, Apr 19 2013 1:25 PM

ajm531:

lol at frankanglachel. Honestly todays businesses will skewer the real meaning of any word. But this sounds mmmmmmmm not quite but intriguing to say the least. Im curious as to how much something like that cost

Probably in the $30ish range I would think. Last time I went to the IMAX in Dallas it cost $18 bucks I believe so id assume this will be double or close to it. 

My rig - I7-4770K, ASUS Z87-A Mobo, 16 GB Corsair Ram, AMD 7990 GPU, CoolIT AiO Cooler, NZXT H630

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 92
Points 920
KOwen replied on Fri, Apr 19 2013 1:35 PM

I have been wondering for many years now why moving chairs for movies hasn't been incorporated in anything outside of a theme park ride. But I'm also worried I'll have to skip a few car payments to take the family to see a movie that is in IMAX 4DX HFR including a Dolby Atmos sound system. The cost for seeing The Hobbit in HFR 3D with Dolby Atmos was insane.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS