Samsung Website Code Points to Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,895
Points 1,174,335
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Thu, Apr 18 2013 11:15 AM
Most people assume that a smaller version of the Samsung Galaxy S4 will be coming along shortly, but until now all we’ve really had to go on is some leaked photos and specs and the rumor mill. However, Techtastic spotted a tell-tale snippet of user agent code on Samsung’s website that further points to the Galaxy S4 Mini becoming a Real Thing.

All it is, really, is this: “GT-I9190". That’s just a model number, but it certainly appears to be the successor of the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini, which is “GT-I8190”. The code also appears to confirm that the device’s screen resolution will be 960x540. The site reports that it discovered another model number, the GT-I9195, which should have 4G/LTE connectivity.

Galaxy S4 Mini code
Samsung code (Image credit: Techtastic)

Previous rumors indicate that the device will sport a 4.3-inch display, 1.6GHz dual-core Exynos SoC, and run Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. Other reports mention storage capacities from 8GB to 32GB, 8MP rear- and 2MP front-facing cameras, and a removable battery.
  • | Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 730
Points 5,865
Clixxer replied on Thu, Apr 18 2013 1:12 PM

Thats cool, sounds like an updated S2 to me as far specs go from what is rumored/reported.

My rig - I7-4770K, ASUS Z87-A Mobo, 16 GB Corsair Ram, AMD 7990 GPU, CoolIT AiO Cooler, NZXT H630

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 358
Points 2,565

I'm sure the mini is on the way. It makes sense. I can't wait to see the official specs.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 983
Points 9,085
sevags replied on Thu, Apr 18 2013 6:48 PM

The removable battery is a complete deal breaker for me, but I am very pleased that Samsung realizes there are people out there still interested in buying cell phones and not phablets. HTC, Nokia, and Sony also need to learn this lesson.

Also I am not sure how comfortable I am with these "mini" models being named after their larger siblings the s3 and s4 since they seem to have absolutely nothing in common with them other than brand and aesthetics but these days for example samsung a entire lineup looks nearly identical but doesn't mean they should be names after one another, that's like calling a BMW 3 series a "Mini 5 series" or the 5 series a "mini 7 series" gen though some models share the same engines, and an ipad mini isnt called an "ipad 4 mini" since they have nothing in common, can't say the same for these "mini" phones. If it has the same name I expect it to have nearly all of the same components.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 619
Points 5,260

The problem being, you cannot get a high end, smaller phone. They are spec wise, true garbage.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS