EA Killing Off Sims Social, SimCity Social, and Pet Society Facebook Games

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,345
Points 1,191,200
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Mon, Apr 15 2013 2:11 PM
At this point, after its CEO resigned in the aftermath of a launch fiasco, a couple of rounds of worker layoffs, and being voted “Worst Company in America”, Electronic Arts is probably in “screw it” mode. To that effect, the company announced that it’s killing off a trio of its Facebook games.

The Sims Social, SimCity Social, and Pet Society will all be shut down on June 14th. In a blog post, EA staff stated, “After millions of people initially logged in to play these games, the number of players and amount of activity has fallen off. For people who have seen other recent shutdowns of social games, perhaps this is not surprising.”

Pet-Society

EA says that PopCap games including Bejeweled Blitz, Solitaire Blitz, and Plants vs. Zombies Adventures will continue running strong, and it will “introduce” fans of the aforementioned discontinued games to a PopCap game--whatever that means.

If you have any in-game currency in any of those games, you better start spending it soon.
  • | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 113
Points 795

EA killed them when they bought Maxis...old news..

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 730
Points 5,865
Clixxer replied on Mon, Apr 15 2013 11:04 PM

ChuckRenninger:

EA killed them when they bought Maxis...old news..

Well im pretty sure that is the answer after EA buys anything. I dont care if EA lauches a game but as long as they do not own the rights to it then im cool with them. Once they buy a franchise or studio it is usually in the toilet. Its just a matter of time.

My rig - I7-4770K, ASUS Z87-A Mobo, 16 GB Corsair Ram, AMD 7990 GPU, CoolIT AiO Cooler, NZXT H630

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 358
Points 2,565

EA does tend to make things worse when they take over a franchise, don't they?

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 730
Points 5,865
Clixxer replied on Tue, Apr 16 2013 4:57 PM

Yeah since it becomes about the almighty dollar. I got nothing against them making money. If they would be ok with instead of making a billion dollars just make 999 mil so a franchise can do alittle more for their users or not have to do micro transactions for stuff alot of people would like them more.

My rig - I7-4770K, ASUS Z87-A Mobo, 16 GB Corsair Ram, AMD 7990 GPU, CoolIT AiO Cooler, NZXT H630

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS